Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Easter Egg Found

Star Wars Easter Egg Found

el stinky

i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!! In the menu with the T16 swooping
through beggars canyon you can use the selection arrows on your remote to
manuever the ship to the left on the 11th canyon, which also happens to be
38 seconds into the menu(nice touch). when you come to the womprats hit the
enter button to fire at the 4th, 5th or 6th womprat. depending on which one
you hit you can access the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL FILMS (episode 4, 5 or 6
depending on which one you hit). lucas did a really great job on this DVD
set!!

oh and the commentary on the holiday special is HLARIOUS!!! lucas really
takes the **** out of himself on this one!

Nick

OT boxset what is this?

"el stinky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!! In the menu with the T16 swooping
> through beggars canyon you can use the selection arrows on your remote to
> manuever the ship to the left on the 11th canyon, which also happens to

be
> 38 seconds into the menu(nice touch). when you come to the womprats hit

the
> enter button to fire at the 4th, 5th or 6th womprat. depending on which

one
> you hit you can access the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL FILMS (episode 4, 5 or 6
> depending on which one you hit). lucas did a really great job on this DVD
> set!!
>
> oh and the commentary on the holiday special is HLARIOUS!!! lucas really
> takes the **** out of himself on this one!

Rupert Pupkin

From: "Nick" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>OT boxset what is this?

The 412004 box set.

>"el stinky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!! In the menu with the T16 swooping
>> through beggars canyon you can use the selection arrows on your remote to
>> manuever the ship to the left on the 11th canyon, which also happens to

>be
>> 38 seconds into the menu(nice touch). when you come to the womprats hit

>the
>> enter button to fire at the 4th, 5th or 6th womprat. depending on which

>one
>> you hit you can access the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL FILMS (episode 4, 5 or 6
>> depending on which one you hit). lucas did a really great job on this DVD
>> set!!
>>
>> oh and the commentary on the holiday special is HLARIOUS!!! lucas really
>> takes the **** out of himself on this one!

Joshua Zyber

news:c4h15c$ffm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OT boxset what is this?

Think about what the date today is.

Gromit

April Fool.

Here are a couple of stories that have surfaced today:

"In a phone interview, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas revealed Thursday,
that the original theatrical release of the "Star Wars" trilogy would be
available on the upcoming DVD release, utilizing a special DVD technology
known as 'seamless branching'. "We looked at all the reactions to the DVD
announcement, both good and bad", said Lucas, from the Skywalker Ranch
production studio, where he is currently deep in post-production on the last
"Star Wars" film. "We saw that many of our fans were devoted to the original
theatrical release, and very much wanted that included on the DVD release.
Although I consider the recent Special Edition release to be the definitive
version of the films, we nevertheless appreciate our fans devotion and will
therefore include both versions on the discs". The Special Editions were
released in 1997, with all new digital effects, and revamped scenes. The new
releases offended many Star Wars purists, who believe Lucas' 'revisionist
dabbling' had destroyed the films they had to come to love so much."

I know it sounds too good to be true, but a friend of mine who works at
Lucas Ltd. confirms the speculation. This is what he told me Mr. Lucas said:

"We talked about this issue when planning the DVD release of the Star Wars
Trilogy. I was the only one on the Board, who said I'd rather wait to
release the theatrical editions when the HD-DVD & Blu-ray DVD release of all
six films is scheduled in 2008. But my company has been bombarded with mails
daily to include the originals on the forthcoming DVD release of the Star
Wars Trilogy. So I have decided to listen to the fans, and include the
original Star Wars Trilogy now. In order to do so we need another year to do
the necessary preparation, and expect to release the SE editions and the
theatrical editions on DVD in September 2005 instead. At this point no date
is confirmed, yet. "

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en
meddelelse news:z6Uac.6510$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c4h15c$ffm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > OT boxset what is this?

> Think about what the date today is.

Mike Kohary

news:406c16f5$0$172$(E-Mail Removed). ..

said:

> "We talked about this issue when planning the DVD release of the Star Wars
> Trilogy. I was the only one on the Board, who said I'd rather wait to
> release the theatrical editions when the HD-DVD & Blu-ray DVD release of

all
> six films is scheduled in 2008. But my company has been bombarded with

mails
> daily to include the originals on the forthcoming DVD release of the Star
> Wars Trilogy. So I have decided to listen to the fans, and include the
> original Star Wars Trilogy now. In order to do so we need another year to

do
> the necessary preparation, and expect to release the SE editions and the
> theatrical editions on DVD in September 2005 instead. At this point no

date
> is confirmed, yet. "

Ok, don't tease me. This is also an April Fool's joke, just without
punchlines, right? Right???

Mike

Shadowspawn

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:22:36 +0200, "Gromit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>April Fool.
>
>Here are a couple of stories that have surfaced today:
>
>"In a phone interview, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas revealed Thursday,
>that the original theatrical release of the "Star Wars" trilogy would be
>available on the upcoming DVD release, utilizing a special DVD technology
>known as 'seamless branching'. "We looked at all the reactions to the DVD
>announcement, both good and bad", said Lucas, from the Skywalker Ranch
>production studio, where he is currently deep in post-production on the last
>"Star Wars" film. "We saw that many of our fans were devoted to the original
>theatrical release, and very much wanted that included on the DVD release.
>Although I consider the recent Special Edition release to be the definitive
>version of the films, we nevertheless appreciate our fans devotion and will
>therefore include both versions on the discs".

This was plausible until this statement. Lucas has NO appreciation
for the fans. He does what he wants and all the rest of us be damned.

The Special Editions were
>released in 1997, with all new digital effects, and revamped scenes. The new
>releases offended many Star Wars purists, who believe Lucas' 'revisionist
>dabbling' had destroyed the films they had to come to love so much."
>
>I know it sounds too good to be true, but a friend of mine who works at
>Lucas Ltd. confirms the speculation. This is what he told me Mr. Lucas said:
>
>"We talked about this issue when planning the DVD release of the Star Wars
>Trilogy. I was the only one on the Board, who said I'd rather wait to
>release the theatrical editions when the HD-DVD & Blu-ray DVD release of all
>six films is scheduled in 2008. But my company has been bombarded with mails
>daily to include the originals on the forthcoming DVD release of the Star
>Wars Trilogy. So I have decided to listen to the fans, and include the
>original Star Wars Trilogy now. In order to do so we need another year to do
>the necessary preparation, and expect to release the SE editions and the
>theatrical editions on DVD in September 2005 instead. At this point no date
>is confirmed, yet. "
>

>"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en
>meddelelse news:z6Uac.6510$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:c4h15c$ffm$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > OT boxset what is this?

>> Think about what the date today is.

Eric R.

"el stinky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<8pQac.83253$Bg.23872@fed1read03>...
> i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!!

Wow, an April Fool's Day post on Usenet. How original.

-Eric

el stinky

Eric R. wrote:

> Wow, an April Fool's Day post on Usenet. How original.
>
> -Eric

someone needs a hug.