Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless router

wireless router

Thomas Martin

I have a netgear router the problem is i have someone hacking into my
internet connection so ineed to know if
there is any way of stopping this from happening.

Little k

"Thomas Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UKNtf.63975$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a netgear router the problem is i have someone hacking into my
> internet connection so ineed to know if
> there is any way of stopping this from happening.

How about a firewall. Not the Windows Firewall.
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...eeDownload.jsp

Malke

Thomas Martin wrote:

> I have a netgear router the problem is i have someone hacking into my
> internet connection so ineed to know if
> there is any way of stopping this from happening.

Make sure your wireless router has good encryption. If it doesn't
support WPA, replace it with one that does. Note that all wireless
devices connecting to the router must also support WPA.

The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers