Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Schindler's List - DVD-18 or 2 DVD-9s?

Schindler's List - DVD-18 or 2 DVD-9s?

Ron@nospam.net

Does anyone know why DVD File's review says Schindler's List is a
2-DVD (DVD-9) set and doesn't say a word about the break in the movie?

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...dlerslist.html

However, a long thread at Home Theater Forum says it's a single DVD-18
flipper disc with the movie interrupted in the middle. Someone there
said the disc had to be flipped right in the middle of a line of
dialogue, but I don't know if he was joking or not.

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/redirect.php...24&index=52186

I'm wondering if, like the Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition, some
packages have DVD-18 and others have 2 DVD-9 discs. If so, is there a
way to identify each package?

Where exactly is the side change? Is it in the middle of some dialogue
by "Stern", or is it at a scene change at the end of chapter 27? A
break should always be at a scene transition.

Finally, is an insert or booklet included in this DVD release?

zoltan47

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 19:14:33 GMT, Ron ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:

>Does anyone know why DVD File's review says Schindler's List is a
>2-DVD (DVD-9) set and doesn't say a word about the break in the movie?
>
>http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...dlerslist.html
>
>However, a long thread at Home Theater Forum says it's a single DVD-18
>flipper disc with the movie interrupted in the middle. Someone there
>said the disc had to be flipped right in the middle of a line of
>dialogue, but I don't know if he was joking or not.
>
>http://www.dvd-basen.dk/redirect.php...24&index=52186
>
>I'm wondering if, like the Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition, some
>packages have DVD-18 and others have 2 DVD-9 discs. If so, is there a
>way to identify each package?
>
>Where exactly is the side change? Is it in the middle of some dialogue
>by "Stern", or is it at a scene change at the end of chapter 27? A
>break should always be at a scene transition.
>
>Finally, is an insert or booklet included in this DVD release?

According to the DVDfile review
<http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_8/schindlerslist.html>,
it's a 2-disc set.