Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Soon

DVD Soon

Juan C. Rodriguez

I want to allert group readers of my experience with DVD Soon of Canada

On December 18th I placed a order based on the price found in DVD Price
search. I waited and waited aaaamd no DVD. I finally called and was told
that the DVD was on BO and there wwas no ETA on the product. I also found
that unlike other sights DVD Soon had charged me from the moment I placed
the order so if I was to cancell the order I would have to wait 21 days from
cancellation to receive my refund. I have sent several E mails and they
all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.

Please think twice before placing a order with this company

John Carver

Ron

"Juan C. Rodriguez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:enF1c.8823$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want to allert group readers of my experience with DVD Soon of Canada

Dude, I've ordered several hundred DVDs from these guys over the past 3 or
4 years. Their service has gotten consistently better. I've never been
screwed by
them. They have always delivered. They are slow sometimes but their prices
are
amongst the cheapest. I have several thousand DVDs and so does my father.
Most were ordered from either DVDSoon or DeepDiscountDVD. My two
favorite places.

> On December 18th I placed a order based on the price found in DVD Price
> search. I waited and waited aaaamd no DVD. I finally called and was told
> that the DVD was on BO and there wwas no ETA on the product. I also found
> that unlike other sights DVD Soon had charged me from the moment I placed
> the order so if I was to cancel the order I would have to wait 21 days

from
> cancellation to receive my refund. I have sent several E mails and they
> all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.

All of this is true. If you wanted the movie immediately, you're gonna hafta
pay more. They charge immediately because of the exchange rates. This is
all stated on their website. It was worse a few years ago. It was almost
impossible
to get a credit back then. They usually gave you store credit to use on
another
movie. Now at least, you can get your money back and you can cancel an order
online. I hafta call up to cancel an order at DeepDiscountDVD, they don't
have any
way to cancel online.

I know this is frustrating for you. I have had the same thing happen to me.
However,
I eventually did get my order and then I was happy I paid so little for it.
Heres some contact info for them. I've called them before and never had a
problem they didn't fix.

Tel.: (450) 449-5DVD (5383)
Toll Free (Canada/United States): 1-888-983-SOON (7666)
Fax: (514) 221-2163
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET (GMT -5h)

> Please think twice before placing a order with this company

In other words, read their policies before ordering. They have always come
through
for me. Like I said before, if you want it fast, its gonna cost you more. If
you can wait,
DVDSoon is a great place to order stuff. An no I don't work for them.

Ron

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:36:06 -0500, "Juan C. Rodriguez"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to allert group readers of my experience with DVD Soon of Canada
>
>On December 18th I placed a order based on the price found in DVD Price
>search. I waited and waited aaaamd no DVD. I finally called and was told
>that the DVD was on BO and there wwas no ETA on the product. I also found
>that unlike other sights DVD Soon had charged me from the moment I placed
>the order so if I was to cancell the order I would have to wait 21 days from
>cancellation to receive my refund. I have sent several E mails and they
>all come back with form letter answers that do not address the problem.
>
>Please think twice before placing a order with this company

That is their stated policy, right there on the signup page. You
approve it before the account is created. It's not something "hidden".

If an order is cancelled the credit goes into your account and can
immediately be used for another item. You only need to get the credit
card refund if you no longer intend to order anything from them. I
did ask for one refund, because it was a rather large order that was
cancelled, and the refund came through on the next card, as promised.

I've orderd over a hundred discs from them, and delivery has always
been quick, even to the point of splitting an order that contains a
Back Order, with no extra shipping charges, and the prices are among
the best. I deal with some seven online retailers, and while DVDsoon
doesn't always have the disc I want, they remain my favourite seller.

. Steve .

>John Carver

Meng

> Dude, I've ordered several hundred DVDs from these guys over the past 3 or
> 4 years. Their service has gotten consistently better. I've never been
> screwed by
> them. They have always delivered. They are slow sometimes but their prices
> are
> amongst the cheapest.

Same here. They're still not charging for postage either.

Juan C. Rodriguez

All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .

I placed an order on 12/18. I was not notified when I placed the order
that the Item was "pending" . I waited until 01/18 to allow them time to
ship it and it was then that I learned that the item was not in stock and
"pending" I felt that this was to long to wait so I cancelled the order and
I filled out the forms for a credit on 01/18 and on 02/18 I still did not
have the refund. This was 30days later. This was not good service, period.
On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD ,
Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.
AND,If an item was out of stock I was sent E mails by these companys
letting me know that status of my order, this was not done by DVD Soon.This
is not good service. This is not the first order I have done by mail I
have ordered Laserdiscs and DVDs by Mail for years and have never had a
problem with a order before.

I am happy that everyone has had positive expeiences with DVD Soon and hope
they continue. My single experience left me with a very bad feeling for DVD
Soon and it is this that I intended to share with the other people who rely
on
this news group for information

regards
John Carver
Hollywood Fla

Justin

Juan C. Rodriguez wrote on [Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:36:30 -0500]:

> All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .
>
> On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD ,
> Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
charge when you order, not when it ships.

> AND,If an item was out of stock I was sent E mails by these companys
> letting me know that status of my order, this was not done by DVD Soon.This
> is not good service. This is not the first order I have done by mail I
> have ordered Laserdiscs and DVDs by Mail for years and have never had a
> problem with a order before.

Are you sure your SPAM filters didn't catch this email from them?

Mark Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...

,
> > Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

> This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
> charge when you order, not when it ships.

That is a good reason to never consider buying from them.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 04:41:19 GMT, "Mark Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> Juan C. Rodriguez wrote on [Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:36:30 -0500]:
>> >
>> > All I wanted was to share my experience with the news group .
>> >
>> > On the other hand I have ordered from DVD Planet, and Deep Discount DVD

>,
>> > Amazon and TLA and have NOT been charged for an item unless it was sent.

>> This part is a PEBCAK issue. They plainly state on their site that they
>> charge when you order, not when it ships.

>That is a good reason to never consider buying from them.

That they have money in advance means they can pay their suppliers
sooner and have fewer credit carryng charges. This translates into
lower prices. I don't mind paying for an order at a predictable time
when I know I can afford it and the credit is available. Once or
twice a delayed order has gone through from Amazon at a bad time,
maxing out the credit card.

Obviously Mark you haven't used DVDsoon, otherwise you wouldn't
consider this an issue.

. Steve .