Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > need app to detect ntsc or pal

need app to detect ntsc or pal

free2002

i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are pal or
ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks

Douglas Bailey

free2002 wrote:
> i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are pal
> or ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks

Most any DVD-player software should have a display accessible somewhere
that tells you the size of the frame in pixels. If the frame is 720x480,
the disc is NTSC; if it's 720x576, it's PAL.

HTH,

doug

--
"Don't you let my letter get you down..."
--David Bowie

Bratboy

also can check framerate. I believe Pal is at 23 fps and ntsc is 29

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> free2002 wrote:
>> i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are pal
>> or ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks

> Most any DVD-player software should have a display accessible somewhere
> that tells you the size of the frame in pixels. If the frame is 720x480,
> the disc is NTSC; if it's 720x576, it's PAL.
>
> HTH,
>
> doug
>
> --
> "Don't you let my letter get you down..."
> --David Bowie

Douglas Bailey

Bratboy wrote:
> ...can check framerate. I believe Pal is at 23 fps and ntsc is 29

PAL is 25 fps; NTSC is 29.97 (aka "30 drop").

doug

--
"If this is not an exercise, could it be a...?"
--Wire

free2002

thanks, been using windows media player coz i dont play dvds on my pc, just
burn them and play to test them, now thanks to microshaft i will have to get
myself a dvd program anyway coz the new WMP 9 wont let me play dvds without
buying a decoder plugin!

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> free2002 wrote:
> > i have some dvds here that are region all but im not sure if they are

pal
> > or ntsc, someone know of an app that will detect it? thanks

> Most any DVD-player software should have a display accessible somewhere
> that tells you the size of the frame in pixels. If the frame is 720x480,
> the disc is NTSC; if it's 720x576, it's PAL.
>
> HTH,
>
> doug
>
> --
> "Don't you let my letter get you down..."
> --David Bowie

Need to how to change PAL to NTSC DVD'S Crash DVD Video 1 12-10-2005 05:16 AM
Can NTSC Camcorder be viewed through a multi-system VCR on a PAL TV? amer Computer Support 2 02-01-2004 12:33 PM
How to check whether VCD is Pal or NTSC?? Bummer Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 03:49 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
Convert NTSC videos to PAL format David Wood Computer Support 0 11-17-2003 09:34 PM

Advertisments