Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Missing booklets

Missing booklets

Jugular

I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:

Gangs of New York
Seabiscuit
School of Rock

It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.

TIA,

Jugular

Marci

Jugular wrote:
> I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
> I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
> to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:
>
> Gangs of New York
> Seabiscuit
> School of Rock
>
> It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
> Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jugular

Unfortunately, the lack of inserts seems to be the latest trend. I'm
sure we can look forward to more of the same.

Grand Inquisitor

Jugular wrote:
> I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
> I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
> to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:
>
> Gangs of New York
> Seabiscuit
> School of Rock
>
> It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
> Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jugular

Boy, this is becoming a cliche on AVD. Yes, lots of DVDs these days
come without booklets, especially MGMs. Since most of these inserts are
just promos or chapter listings it's no big deal to me. I find that few
booklets, even the ones with essays and behind-the-scenes material, are
little more than fluff. Exceptions include Red Dwarf, and virtually
every Criterion release.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Pug Fugley

"Jugular" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
> I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
> to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:
>
> Gangs of New York

Nope

> Seabiscuit

Nope
> School of Rock

Nope

> It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
> Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.

Well, remove the DVD cover and scan it. Print it out, cut it to size, stick
it on the inside. BAM! Instant insert.

Bernie

add 2 more that i got recently
Wonderland
Star Trek 6

"Jugular" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
> I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
> to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:
>
> Gangs of New York
> Seabiscuit
> School of Rock
>
> It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
> Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jugular

Richard C.

They are not missing.
They don't have any.

==================
"Jugular" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: I have purchased three DVDs recently that don't have a booklet inside.
: I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not they are supposed
: to... and if they are, perhaps how I could get replacements:
:
: Gangs of New York
: Seabiscuit
: School of Rock
:
: It's really starting to **** me off, especially since I bought
: Seabiscuit Monday and School of Rock Wednesday.
:
: TIA,
:
: Jugular

CLOSEDOWN8

I say if they're gonna put something worthwhile in there, go for it, but if
they're just gonna stick a piece of paper with the coverart on one side and the
chapter stops on the other, I don't mind if they skip it at all.
--------------------------------
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)mbleek (CLOSEDOWN wrote:

> I say if they're gonna put something worthwhile in there,
> go for it, but if they're just gonna stick a piece of
> paper with the coverart on one side and the chapter stops
> on the other, I don't mind if they skip it at all.

Well, speaking personally, I rather like having a printed
chapter list that I can glance at while the movie's in play.
But it's certainly not something essential.

On the other hand, I just can't help thinking that those
clips on the inside of the case are just going to waste...

-- jayembee

Jugular

(E-Mail Removed)mbleek (CLOSEDOWN wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I say if they're gonna put something worthwhile in there, go for it, but if
> they're just gonna stick a piece of paper with the coverart on one side and the
> chapter stops on the other, I don't mind if they skip it at all.
> "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

I use the Case Logic books for my DVD collection - the pages have a
slot for the disc on one side and a transparent slot for the booklet
on the other, so it kind of sucks and is an inconveniece, but I'll
have to do what I did for those old WB DVDs (the ones in the cardboard
cases) and print my own out.

Thanks to all who replied.

Jugular