Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re Narnia Box set

Re Narnia Box set

Dragon

Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia 4 dvd
set

cheers Dave

Kez

Dragon wrote:
> Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia
> 4 dvd set
>
> cheers Dave

i got one for 23 from ebay

cheapest i could find on the high street was 35

General Panic

Kez wrote:
> Dragon wrote:
>> Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia
>> 4 dvd set
>>
>> cheers Dave

> i got one for 23 from ebay
>
> cheapest i could find on the high street was 35

Got mine from Amazon , slightly cheaper.
tinyurl.com/252px

Panic

Pob

On the high street, Woolworths has been pretty good for DVDs lately -
I think I paid 27 for mine, not that long after it came out. It's a
really nice set, and brought back lots of memories (I was about seven
or eight when it was first shown, and remember those Christmassy
Sunday afternoons very well...)

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<vV91c.3024$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia 4 dvd
> set
>
> cheers Dave

Kez

"Pob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> On the high street, Woolworths has been pretty good for DVDs lately -
> I think I paid 27 for mine, not that long after it came out. It's a
> really nice set, and brought back lots of memories (I was about seven
> or eight when it was first shown, and remember those Christmassy
> Sunday afternoons very well...)
>
> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<vV91c.3024$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Anyone know whom the cheapest in the UK for the Chronicles of narnia 4

dvd
> > set
> >
> > cheers Dave

indeed. shame they didn't dramatise more of the books.

Derek Janssen

Pob wrote:

> On the high street, Woolworths has been pretty good for DVDs lately -
> I think I paid 27 for mine, not that long after it came out. It's a
> really nice set, and brought back lots of memories (I was about seven
> or eight when it was first shown, and remember those Christmassy
> Sunday afternoons very well...)

Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??

Derek Janssen

General Panic

Derek Janssen wrote:

> Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
>
> Derek Janssen
> (E-Mail Removed)

Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes extras
, out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

Derek Janssen

General Panic wrote:

>>Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
>>

> Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes extras
> , out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

ACK!! All we got--thanks to the tiny company that put it out, since
Warner hadn't gotten *this* BBC series--was the Gryff Rhys-Jones book
show on the CS Lewis house (on the LWW disk only), some nominal photo
galleries, and a few anemic trivia games that, if you got all the way
through, led you to a website where you could download wallpapers of the
same ugly pastel box covers.

....Warner/BBC, you *owe* us on this one.

Derek Janssen (BIG time)
(E-Mail Removed)

Covenant

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:404838f4$0$3081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> General Panic wrote:
>
> >>Same here, but for us Yanks, what's on the 4th disk??
> >>

> > Cast reunion , interviews , biographies , a lot of behind the scenes

extras
> > , out takes and a Narnia Trivia quiz and history....loads of stuff.

> ACK!! All we got--thanks to the tiny company that put it out, since
> Warner hadn't gotten *this* BBC series--was the Gryff Rhys-Jones book
> show on the CS Lewis house (on the LWW disk only), some nominal photo
> galleries, and a few anemic trivia games that, if you got all the way
> through, led you to a website where you could download wallpapers of the
> same ugly pastel box covers.
>
> ...Warner/BBC, you *owe* us on this one.

Nah....

The interviews etc are crap.

I have better extras for the narnia chronicles on VHS tape !!!

(Aslan presenting a BAFTA award for example!)

But wading through the trivia quiz to see the out-take clip are worth it.
But, as always, begs the question, there must have been SO much more of this
stuff available.. why not USE it !!??

--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands