Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems with DVDSHRINK and CloneDVD

Problems with DVDSHRINK and CloneDVD

DigitalEbola

When i try and use dvdshrink, it rips fine then when it goes to burn i
get an error of some kind (a quite a lot of info in the error box)

And when i use cloneDVD sometimes throughout the movie it has slight
pauses for 1 or 2 seconds like windows is having a brain-fart or something..

Any ideas how to fix the pauses? Im using a Pioneer 107 using firmware
1.09 on a P3.2ghz with 1gig ddr and 200gig hdds..
Also using a pioneer 16x dvdrom (105 i think is the model) to rip..

Each dvd drive is on a seperate ide, and in winxp i dont know if you can
manually turn on dma (dosnt xp keep it ON by default?)

Any help would be greatly appreciate.. Ive even had the dvd player stop
on one of these pauses, then i resume and it works fine.. its annoying
as hell.

Thanks Kindly

Skid

"DigitalEbola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40415eb8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When i try and use dvdshrink, it rips fine then when it goes to burn i
> get an error of some kind (a quite a lot of info in the error box)
>
> And when i use cloneDVD sometimes throughout the movie it has slight
> pauses for 1 or 2 seconds like windows is having a brain-fart or

something..

> Any ideas how to fix the pauses? Im using a Pioneer 107 using firmware
> 1.09 on a P3.2ghz with 1gig ddr and 200gig hdds..
> Also using a pioneer 16x dvdrom (105 i think is the model) to rip..
>
> Each dvd drive is on a seperate ide, and in winxp i dont know if you can
> manually turn on dma (dosnt xp keep it ON by default?)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciate.. Ive even had the dvd player stop
> on one of these pauses, then i resume and it works fine.. its annoying
> as hell.

Wrong newsgroup, but I can tell you that Shrink doesn't burn anything.

The pauses sound like bad media, misapplied labels or disabled DMA. XP will
disable DMA automatically after a certain number of errors. Deleting the IDE
controller in device manager will force everything to redetect and allow you
to re-enable it. If it happens again after that, check the even log in the
administrative tools control panel to look for clues on what's causing the
errors in the first place.

DVDshrink question Joe Blow DVD Video 9 01-26-2005 05:58 AM
Editing Riddick with DVDShrink ??? Owl Jolson DVD Video 3 11-20-2004 01:29 AM
Help and Question on CloneDVD Scratch Computer Support 1 09-06-2004 10:38 AM
DVDShrink question KublaiKhan DVD Video 13 09-04-2004 05:02 AM
DVDShrink Very nice goldfgn@telus.net DVD Video 3 02-21-2004 02:57 AM

Advertisments