Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re $20 for DVDs is a joke

Re $20 for DVDs is a joke

turntrio

>Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that simple.
>You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
>sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can have,
>dirt cheap.

>methos

No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
instead of renting them for $3.00

TSKO

"turntrio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> >Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that

simple.
> >You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
> >sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can

have,
> >dirt cheap.

> >methos

> No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
> instead of renting them for $3.00

Many a ppl out there dont wish to buy dvd's. They want to rent them, watch
them, and return them. There is also probably a fair amount of ppl who
couldnt afford to buy 1 even at $10, so the $2-3 rental is what they can
afford to pay.

Sydney Assbasket

>>Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that simple.
>>You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
>>sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can have,
>>dirt cheap.

>>methos

>No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
>instead of renting them for $3.00

They can only sell a DVD for $6-10 one time, whereas they can rent out the same
DVD at $3-4 multiple times.

Remove "moc" to reply.

When toy shopping, look for the Joe Mantegna Seal Of Safety. It's your only
guarantee that the toy has been deemed safe by Joe Mantegna.

Justin

TSKO wrote on [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:34:37 GMT]:

> "turntrio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> >Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that

> simple.
>> >You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once, then
>> >sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you can

> have,
>> >dirt cheap.

>> >methos

>> No....I think Blockbuster could be selling DVDs for $6.00 to $10.00
>> instead of renting them for $3.00

> Many a ppl out there dont wish to buy dvd's. They want to rent them, watch
> them, and return them. There is also probably a fair amount of ppl who
> couldnt afford to buy 1 even at $10, so the $2-3 rental is what they can
> afford to pay.

Does blockbuster really rent DVDs for 2-3 $?

I pay 4.something per DVD rental