Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > $20 for DVDs is a joke.

$20 for DVDs is a joke.

Justin

Richard C. wrote on [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:29:04 -0800]:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>: anon wrote on [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:40:49 GMT]:
>: > Because a single rental will be rented alot more than once, its that
> simple.
>: > You think Blockbuster buys 50 copys of a movie, rents each one once,
> then
>: > sells them? If so, I have some beachfront property in Arizona you
> can have,
>: > dirt cheap.
> :
>: You think Blockbuster buys DVDs?
> :
> ======================
> Of course they do.
>
> How do you think they get them?
> ====================

Revenue sharing

LASERandDVDfan

>90% of movie releases are so marginal they're not worth
>more than $10 I buy 1 or 2 dvds titles per year
>at $15 to $20

So, what?

Nobody's forcing you to buy the 90% of movies you think are not worth $20.

You have your 10% which you think is worth the money, so buy those and leave
this subject alone. It's already been beat to death. - Reinhart

LASERandDVDfan

>learn
>that there were movies *before* Star Wars.

Such as "The Day The Earth Stood Still."

Or, "12 Angry Men." (The Henry Fonda version, not the Tony Danza version.)

Or, the original "Psycho." Or, "To Kill a Mockingbird." (Version that stars
the late great Gregory Peck.)

Or, "The French Connection." How about "Silver Streak"?

James Bond flicks are no exception.

There are many examples. The list would take too long to write up. - Reinhart

Waterperson77

what's a joke is Richard C asking me for the domain name of my website when I
don't have one to give him yet.

I said I will be working on it.

But I have to get one first before I can tell you or anyone else here what it
is.

But I will be getting one.

And when it's finished, then I'll tell you the domain name of it.

Waterperson77

come to think of it, I think more people in this newsgroup than just Richard C.
asked me for the domain name to my website.

Well, I have to get the domain name first.

Then I have to make my website.

Then when it's finished, I'll tell you what it is, and you can all see it, if
you want to.

DarkMatter

On 28 Feb 2004 12:33:07 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (turntrio) Gave us:

>90% of movie releases are so marginal they're not worth
>more than $10 I buy 1 or 2 dvds titles per year
>at $15 to $20. Anything else over $10 they can keep.
>Why does the movie industry keep supporting rentals at
>$2 to $3, when they could convert these rentals to $6 - $10 sales.

You're ****ing retarded.

Demolition Man

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Waterperson77
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is
Pink?"
> come to think of it, I think more people in this newsgroup than just
> Richard C. asked me for the domain name to my website.
>
> Well, I have to get the domain name first.
>
> Then I have to make my website.
>
> Then when it's finished, I'll tell you what it is, and you can all
> see it, if you want to.

Once again your posts have nothing to do with
what is being discussed.

--
Demolition Man
A reminder to the world....

Demolition Man

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU turntrio
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
> 90% of movie releases are so marginal they're not worth
> more than $10 I buy 1 or 2 dvds titles per year
> at $15 to $20. Anything else over $10 they can keep.
> Why does the movie industry keep supporting rentals at
> $2 to $3, when they could convert these rentals to $6 - $10 sales.

You must of not been around when Laserdiscs were $50
on the average. Now suddenly that $15-20 doesn't sound
so bad now does it?

--
Demolition Man
A reminder to the world....
"Well, in my case, I get VCRs from the Goodwill thrift store that
allows a return in 7 days, that way I can ascertain the similar
components (or lift a fuse or belt for my own evil purposes)!"
-Bill Schwenke

Grand Inquisitor

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
>>learn
>>that there were movies *before* Star Wars.

> Such as "The Day The Earth Stood Still."

Haven't seen that one yet. I imagine it involves people and animals
being flunged into space by the violent stoppage?

> Or, "12 Angry Men." (The Henry Fonda version, not the Tony Danza version.)

There's a phrase I never want to hear again: "the Tony Danza version,"
of *anything*.

> Or, the original "Psycho." Or, "To Kill a Mockingbird." (Version that stars
> the late great Gregory Peck.)

Don't tell me they remade To Kill a Mockingbird as well?

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Grand Inquisitor

DarkMatter wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2004 12:33:07 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (turntrio) Gave us:
>

>>90% of movie releases are so marginal they're not worth
>>more than $10 I buy 1 or 2 dvds titles per year
>>at $15 to $20. Anything else over $10 they can keep.
>>Why does the movie industry keep supporting rentals at
>>$2 to $3, when they could convert these rentals to $6 - $10 sales.

> You're ****ing retarded.

Oh, I didn't see that one coming DarkMatter. "Hmm, a post by ol' DM," I
said to myself, "I wonder what he'll have to say?" Calling somebody a
f*cking retard was the *last* thing I expected!

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor