Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Change region code and PAL to NTSC?

Change region code and PAL to NTSC?

Aloke Prasad

Sorry for the crosspostings. All followups are to alt.video.dvdr

I am in US. I bought a DVD from India. It has the "wrong" region code and
video format (PAL vs NTSC). I can play the disk on my PC but not on the
set-top DVD player (Sony DVP-NS425P) because of either region code or video
type or both. I get the error "Playback Prohibited By Area Limitations".

The disc is not DSS scrambled, as far as I can tell (the VOB files can be
copied to my hard drive and played in Media Player).The size of the files on
the original DVD is about 3.2 GB.

I installed DVDRegionFree (3.32), DVDXCopy (4.0.3., DVDFab (1.51) on my
PC. I also have Roxio ECDC6 which included their DVDBuilder software.

I tried copying the disk to DVD-R to remove the region code and convert the
video to NTSC. So far I have done all these without success:

1. try DVDXCopy (latest version) - the copied disk still fails to play in
the set-top player.

2. try DVDFab (latest version) - same thing.

Any ideas on how to proceed next?

Thanks
--
Aloke
----

How can I convert a NTSC region 1 to PAL Region 2? kaston3 DVD Video 0 12-25-2006 07:12 PM
PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM
Region 2 PAL DVD's ??? SteveD61 DVD Video 5 09-18-2003 02:14 AM
Play NTSC "region 0" on PAL Xbox Uli666 DVD Video 2 07-03-2003 07:30 AM

Advertisments