Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Voyager Season One DVD Box - "Rare Bonus Disc" ???

Voyager Season One DVD Box - "Rare Bonus Disc" ???

Scott in AztlŠn

There are a TON of Voyager Season One DVD sets up for auction on eBay, with
prices starting at about $50. While browsing through the listings I came upon
this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=37884

"Up for auction is the first season Star Trek: Voyager RARE Bonus DVD!!! This is
the region 1 Bonus DVD found with only a few of the Star Trek Voyager Season box
sets. Get it while you can! THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BONUS DVD, NOT THE SEASON ONE
SET!!!"

I thought a bonus disc comes with EVERY Voyager Season One boxed set. Yet the
seller claims that the bonus disc only comes in a FEW of the boxes. This guy is
so full of **** his breath smells like farts, right??!?!?

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

Michael Rogers

Yes... and no.

This bonus disc is exclusive to Best Buy and carries one featurette. So,
it's kinda rare (and will probabaly be rarer in the future). But the BIN
of $50.00 is hilarious. I wonder what his reserve is?

Thing is, I can go to Best Buy right now and pick up the set with that
disc.

Mike

"Scott in AztlŠn" wrote:

> There are a TON of Voyager Season One DVD sets up for auction on eBay, with
> prices starting at about $50. While browsing through the listings I came upon
> this one:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=37884
>
> "Up for auction is the first season Star Trek: Voyager RARE Bonus DVD!!! This is
> the region 1 Bonus DVD found with only a few of the Star Trek Voyager Season box
> sets. Get it while you can! THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BONUS DVD, NOT THE SEASON ONE
> SET!!!"
>
> I thought a bonus disc comes with EVERY Voyager Season One boxed set. Yet the
> seller claims that the bonus disc only comes in a FEW of the boxes. This guy is
> so full of **** his breath smells like farts, right??!?!?
>
> --
> Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

Rutgar

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:04:51 GMT, Michael Rogers
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes... and no.
>
>This bonus disc is exclusive to Best Buy and carries one featurette. So,
>it's kinda rare (and will probabaly be rarer in the future). But the BIN
>of $50.00 is hilarious. I wonder what his reserve is?
>
>Thing is, I can go to Best Buy right now and pick up the set with that
>disc.
>
>Mike
>
>"Scott in AztlŠn" wrote:
>>
>> There are a TON of Voyager Season One DVD sets up for auction on eBay, with
>> prices starting at about $50. While browsing through the listings I came upon
>> this one:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=37884
>>
>> "Up for auction is the first season Star Trek: Voyager RARE Bonus DVD!!! This is
>> the region 1 Bonus DVD found with only a few of the Star Trek Voyager Season box
>> sets. Get it while you can! THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BONUS DVD, NOT THE SEASON ONE
>> SET!!!"
>>
>> I thought a bonus disc comes with EVERY Voyager Season One boxed set. Yet the
>> seller claims that the bonus disc only comes in a FEW of the boxes. This guy is
>> so full of **** his breath smells like farts, right??!?!?
>>
>> --
>> Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

Yes, especially since you can go to Best Buy and get it.

- Rutgar

Justin

Michael Rogers wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:04:51 GMT]:
> Yes... and no.
>
> This bonus disc is exclusive to Best Buy and carries one featurette. So,
> it's kinda rare (and will probabaly be rarer in the future). But the BIN
> of $50.00 is hilarious. I wonder what his reserve is?

Why hilarious?

Head Hunter

$50 just for the bonus DVD? I want to know if anyone buys it. I have a
bridge to sell them. Considering the entire set is only $106.

What's the exclusive featurette? I checked on Best Buy's web site, and it
doesn't mention anything about their copies being different.

Lord Vader III

Head Hunter wrote:

> $50 just for the bonus DVD? I want to know if anyone buys it. I have a
> bridge to sell them. Considering the entire set is only $106.
>
> What's the exclusive featurette? I checked on Best Buy's web site, and it
> doesn't mention anything about their copies being different.

Obviously somebody was willing to pay $50 for the bonus DVD. The
auction has ended with someone using BIN.

LVIII

Scott in AztlŠn

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:53:28 GMT, "Head Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>$50 just for the bonus DVD? I want to know if anyone buys it. I have a
>bridge to sell them. Considering the entire set is only $106.

$99 on sale.

>What's the exclusive featurette?

A 16 minute fluff piece about "The Star Trek Experience" at the Las Vegas
Hilton. Nice to have, but DEFINITELY not worth $50!

--

Scott in AztlŠn wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:53:28 GMT, "Head Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >$50 just for the bonus DVD? I want to know if anyone buys it. I have a
> >bridge to sell them. Considering the entire set is only $106.

> $99 on sale.
>
> >What's the exclusive featurette?

> A 16 minute fluff piece about "The Star Trek Experience" at the Las Vegas
> Hilton. Nice to have, but DEFINITELY not worth $50!
>
> --
> Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

I checked all the older Bonus DVDs on E-Bay and the prices they are
selling for are ridiculous. I think I'll rip my DS9 bonus DVDs, put
them all onto one DVDR, and then sell the originals.

LVIII

Michael Rogers

I have most of the bonus DVD's for next gen. I wonder how there value
is?

Mike

Lord Vader III wrote:

> Scott in AztlŠn wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:53:28 GMT, "Head Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >$50 just for the bonus DVD? I want to know if anyone buys it. I have a
> > >bridge to sell them. Considering the entire set is only $106.

> > $99 on sale.
> >
> > >What's the exclusive featurette?

> > A 16 minute fluff piece about "The Star Trek Experience" at the Las Vegas
> > Hilton. Nice to have, but DEFINITELY not worth $50!
> >
> > --
> > Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

> I checked all the older Bonus DVDs on E-Bay and the prices they are
> selling for are ridiculous. I think I'll rip my DS9 bonus DVDs, put
> them all onto one DVDR, and then sell the originals.
>
> LVIII

Head Hunter

I don't know. I have been to Star Trek the Experience, and $50 is about
right. Especially, if you eat at Quarks afterward.

--
Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.