Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > CD settlement check arrives!

CD settlement check arrives!

Dick Sidbury

Richard C. wrote:
> "Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> :
> : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
> I've
> : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
> rebates
> : that aren't honored.
> :
> ========================
>
> I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
>
> I do a lot of them...................

You must not do rebates from CompUSA. I've done three with them and
NONE of them were honored. Every other rebate that I've done has been
honored.

dick

Aaron R. Schnuth

"Dick Sidbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1it2o$1b4uoq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Richard C. wrote:
> > "Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > :
> > : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
> > I've
> > : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
> > rebates
> > : that aren't honored.
> > :
> > ========================
> >
> > I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
> >
> > I do a lot of them...................
> >

> You must not do rebates from CompUSA. I've done three with them and
> NONE of them were honored. Every other rebate that I've done has been
> honored.

I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all the
contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail as
well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling and
bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.

The worst rebate people I dealt with was Diamond years ago when I bought
a Voodoo II card for my old computer. I think the rebate was $50 or $75. I
called them a couple times bugging them after a couple moths of waiting and
finally asked for a manager. The manager put me on hold for about 20
minutes while they looked for my rebate. After holding they said they found
it, and I got a hand written check about a week later. You just have to be
persistant with these bastards.

Aaron

Justin

Aaron R. Schnuth wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:52:46 GMT]:

> I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all the
> contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
> substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail as
> well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling and
> bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
>
> The worst rebate people I dealt with was Diamond years ago when I bought
> a Voodoo II card for my old computer. I think the rebate was $50 or $75. I
> called them a couple times bugging them after a couple moths of waiting and
> finally asked for a manager. The manager put me on hold for about 20
> minutes while they looked for my rebate. After holding they said they found
> it, and I got a hand written check about a week later. You just have to be
> persistant with these bastards.

Which is just bullshit. It takes so much time to worry about these damn
rebates

HiTechMan

Richard C. wrote:
> My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
> today.
>
> Can hardly believe it.

Got mine today!

Boris

"Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OO8%b.8538$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all

the
> contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
> substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail

as
> well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling

and
> bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.

Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
you will find it for the same net cost.

Justin

Boris wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:10:26 -0800]:

> "Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OO8%b.8538$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all

> the
>> contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
>> substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail

> as
>> well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling

> and
>> bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
>>

> Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
> you will find it for the same net cost.

Not true.

Film Buff

The worst experience i have had has been with NORTON
I sent in for their $50.00 Systemworks Rebate and they sent a postcard saying the rebate could not be honored
because I sent in the WRONG UPC Barcode!!!!!
I checked the box (lucky I saved it) and their is only ONE barcode on their box so I called them and told them and they told me
"No - There is the store barcode and our special barcode on the side that is used for the rebate"
I told them there was only one barcode on the box and I mailed it to them
all they said was "Sorry"
NORTON is the worst and by the way there was no barcode on either side of the box - they just did not want to honor
their so-called rebate

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:52:46 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Dick Sidbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c1it2o$1b4uoq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Richard C. wrote:
>> > "Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > :
>> > : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
>> > I've
>> > : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
>> > rebates
>> > : that aren't honored.
>> > :
>> > ========================
>> >
>> > I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
>> >
>> > I do a lot of them...................
>> >

>> You must not do rebates from CompUSA. I've done three with them and
>> NONE of them were honored. Every other rebate that I've done has been
>> honored.

> I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all the
>contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
>substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail as
>well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling and
>bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
>
> The worst rebate people I dealt with was Diamond years ago when I bought
>a Voodoo II card for my old computer. I think the rebate was $50 or $75. I
>called them a couple times bugging them after a couple moths of waiting and
>finally asked for a manager. The manager put me on hold for about 20
>minutes while they looked for my rebate. After holding they said they found
>it, and I got a hand written check about a week later. You just have to be
>persistant with these bastards.
>
>Aaron

Richard C.

"Boris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssd%b.3361$id3.2825@fed1read01...
:
: "Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:OO8%b.8538$(E-Mail Removed)...
: > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
: the
: > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
: > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
: as
: > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
calling
: and
: > bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
: >
:
: Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
: you will find it for the same net cost.
:
====================
Not true at all.
With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

Justin

Richard C. wrote on [Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:58:31 -0800]:
> "Boris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newssd%b.3361$id3.2825@fed1read01...
> :
>: "Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>: news:OO8%b.8538$(E-Mail Removed)...
>: > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
>: the
>: > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
>: > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
>: as
>: > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
> calling
>: and
>: > bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
>: >
> :
>: Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
>: you will find it for the same net cost.
> :
> ====================
> Not true at all.
> With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
> That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

And some time. But yes, I can often get things for significantly cheaper
via rebate. CD Burners for $10 for example.

Dick Sidbury

Richard C. wrote:
> "Boris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newssd%b.3361$id3.2825@fed1read01...
> :
> : "Aaron R. Schnuth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:OO8%b.8538$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
> : the
> : > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
> : > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
> : as
> : > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
> calling
> : and
> : > bugging them till I get my check. Always seems to work for me.
> : >
> :
> : Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
> : you will find it for the same net cost.
> :
> Not true at all.
> With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
> That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

plus the sales tax on the original price.

dick
--assuming that you live in a state with sales tax. And three dollars
for a hundred blank CDR's is a good deal.