Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Spy Kids 3D....Sonofabitch!

Spy Kids 3D....Sonofabitch!

Justin

Just a friend wrote on [Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:02:29 GMT]:
> "Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9499CB27050Cmyemailsomeservercom@207.69.15 4.206...
>| Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
>| could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
>| anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
>|
>| Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case
>| find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
>| have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
>| them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
>| found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
>| "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
>|
>| No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
>| but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.
>|

> Wal*Mart has the full thing for $15.87
>

> JaF

You wal mart may have. Their prices on new DVDs like this varies widely

Shadowspawn

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:08:20 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just a friend wrote on [Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:02:29 GMT]:
>> "Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9499CB27050Cmyemailsomeservercom@207.69.15 4.206...
>>| Saw my local convenience store had SK3D for $14.99, passed it up until I
>>| could come home and check the price. Saw it was lower than pretty much
>>| anywhere so I went back and got one tonight.
>>|
>>| Took the shrinkwrap off (no security tape on the edges), opened the case
>>| find only 1 of the 2 discs (plus the glasses). These bastards apparently
>>| have opened all the cases, taken out the 2D version disc and repackaged
>>| them for seperate sale. Now I took another closer look at the case and
>>| found they slapped a sticker on it (under the shrinkwrap) that says
>>| "contains only 1 3D movie and 4 pairs of 3D glasses".
>>|
>>| No wonder it was cheaper...I'm gonna see if they'll take it back tomorrow,
>>| but I doubt it. What a bunch of crap.
>>|

>> Wal*Mart has the full thing for $15.87
>>

>> JaF
>>

>You wal mart may have. Their prices on new DVDs like this varies widely

Walmart sells ALL new DVD's for .11 cents cheaper than the lowest
advertised price in town on RELEASE WEEK. I work at Walmart
electronics and all I do on Monday is read the weekend flyers from
Best Buy and Target and adjust prices in the computer.

If you are fast and buy your movies the week they come out you can get
a great deal otherwise it goes back to full price.

And if for some reason you walmart doesn't have the best price in town
all you have to do is TELL THEM its cheaper somewhere else and they
will match the price - you don't even have to prove it - it's company
policy NOT to ask a customer for a competitor ad when price matching.

Justin

Shadowspawn wrote on [Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:00:34 GMT]:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:08:20 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Just a friend wrote on [Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:02:29 GMT]:
>>> "Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns9499CB27050Cmyemailsomeservercom@207.69.15 4.206...

>>> Wal*Mart has the full thing for $15.87
>>>

>>> JaF
>>>

>>You wal mart may have. Their prices on new DVDs like this varies widely

> Walmart sells ALL new DVD's for .11 cents cheaper than the lowest
> advertised price in town on RELEASE WEEK. I work at Walmart
> electronics and all I do on Monday is read the weekend flyers from
> Best Buy and Target and adjust prices in the computer.

Gee, then howcome K-Mart is often cheaper on a new release?

And I'm talking on Wednesday or Thursday of release week

> If you are fast and buy your movies the week they come out you can get
> a great deal otherwise it goes back to full price.

I 98% of the time buy release week

> And if for some reason you walmart doesn't have the best price in town
> all you have to do is TELL THEM its cheaper somewhere else and they
> will match the price - you don't even have to prove it - it's company
> policy NOT to ask a customer for a competitor ad when price matching.

Yeah, because that's worth 11c of my time.

And that still doesn't address the fact that I often hear of DVDs being
DOLLARS less at Wal Marts in other locations around the country.

Dick Sidbury

Shadowspawn wrote:

> Walmart sells ALL new DVD's for .11 cents cheaper than the lowest
> advertised price in town on RELEASE WEEK. I work at Walmart
> electronics and all I do on Monday is read the weekend flyers from
> Best Buy and Target and adjust prices in the computer.
>
> If you are fast and buy your movies the week they come out you can get
> a great deal otherwise it goes back to full price.
>
> And if for some reason you walmart doesn't have the best price in town
> all you have to do is TELL THEM its cheaper somewhere else and they
> will match the price - you don't even have to prove it - it's company
> policy NOT to ask a customer for a competitor ad when price matching.

Well corporate should tell my walmart. They always ask for
verification. BUT, I noticed a few weeks ago that their opening week
specials last for 7 days, so you can buy this week's specials next
Sunday or Monday.

dick

Impmon

Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com:

> You wal mart may have. Their prices on new DVDs like this varies widely

My local Walmart store is in the middle of nowhere 20 miles from nearest
major competitor like Target, Kmart, Best Buy, and other Walmart and they
did have the 2 discs Spy Kid 3D for under $16

I don't think it really matters where the competitors are but rather how
well the store's doing. If they overcharge for something, it could be
because the store isn't making much money or has serious shoplifting
issue.

There was this one Walmart store near where I used to live last year that
almost never sells new DVD cheap. When I used to work there, I found out
they had lost 3 brand new computers just the month before. I'm talking 3
$900 computer bundle with 15" LCD screen and printer. How they lost
them, I'll never know as I quit just a few months later (and 2 more
computers that went MIA) I think someone's carrying it out with fake
reciept or careless "greeter"

It all comes down to management. Good management = low loss = cheap
price.

--
To reply by email, change digi.mon to tds.net

Shadowspawn

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:50:25 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Shadowspawn wrote on [Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:00:34 GMT]:

>>>You wal mart may have. Their prices on new DVDs like this varies widely

>> Walmart sells ALL new DVD's for .11 cents cheaper than the lowest
>> advertised price in town on RELEASE WEEK. I work at Walmart
>> electronics and all I do on Monday is read the weekend flyers from
>> Best Buy and Target and adjust prices in the computer.

>Gee, then howcome K-Mart is often cheaper on a new release?
>
>And I'm talking on Wednesday or Thursday of release week
>
>> If you are fast and buy your movies the week they come out you can get
>> a great deal otherwise it goes back to full price.

>I 98% of the time buy release week
>

>> And if for some reason you walmart doesn't have the best price in town
>> all you have to do is TELL THEM its cheaper somewhere else and they
>> will match the price - you don't even have to prove it - it's company
>> policy NOT to ask a customer for a competitor ad when price matching.

>Yeah, because that's worth 11c of my time.
>
>And that still doesn't address the fact that I often hear of DVDs being
>DOLLARS less at Wal Marts in other locations around the country.

Walmart does NOT have global prices. It's up to the stores and the
dept manager. I have 2 Walmarts in my town. A super store and a
regular walmart (the one I work at). The Superstore often has games
and movie several dollars (up to $10 on games) more than our store.

Bottom line is we match any price you SAY (within reason and without
proof). It might not be worth a special trip to Walmart but if you
are already there you are guaranteed the lowest price in town.

Shadowspawn

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:48:53 -0500, Dick Sidbury
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Shadowspawn wrote:
>>
>> Walmart sells ALL new DVD's for .11 cents cheaper than the lowest
>> advertised price in town on RELEASE WEEK. I work at Walmart
>> electronics and all I do on Monday is read the weekend flyers from
>> Best Buy and Target and adjust prices in the computer.
>>
>> If you are fast and buy your movies the week they come out you can get
>> a great deal otherwise it goes back to full price.
>>
>> And if for some reason you walmart doesn't have the best price in town
>> all you have to do is TELL THEM its cheaper somewhere else and they
>> will match the price - you don't even have to prove it - it's company
>> policy NOT to ask a customer for a competitor ad when price matching.
>>

>Well corporate should tell my walmart. They always ask for
>verification. BUT, I noticed a few weeks ago that their opening week
>specials last for 7 days, so you can buy this week's specials next
>Sunday or Monday.
>
>dick

If you are EVER asked for PROOF then ask for a manager and tell the
clerk they need to RETAKE their computer training lesson (CBL) for
cash register training. Cashiers are NOTallowed to ask for ads. Now
many cashiers will have the various ads at their register so if you
try to pull a fast one they might look it up and call you on it.

Dick Sidbury

Shadowspawn wrote:

> If you are EVER asked for PROOF then ask for a manager and tell the
> clerk they need to RETAKE their computer training lesson (CBL) for
> cash register training. Cashiers are NOTallowed to ask for ads. Now
> many cashiers will have the various ads at their register so if you
> try to pull a fast one they might look it up and call you on it.

Well I was in a local wal-mart several months ago and wanted a price
match to either best buy or circuit city -- (both are within a mile of
Walmart). The cashier (in that department) had both of their ads, but
the ads said simply "lowest price". They said that since the ad didn't
state a specific price that they would not price match.

dick

Shadowspawn

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:59:39 -0500, Dick Sidbury
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Shadowspawn wrote:
>>
>> If you are EVER asked for PROOF then ask for a manager and tell the
>> clerk they need to RETAKE their computer training lesson (CBL) for
>> cash register training. Cashiers are NOTallowed to ask for ads. Now
>> many cashiers will have the various ads at their register so if you
>> try to pull a fast one they might look it up and call you on it.

>Well I was in a local wal-mart several months ago and wanted a price
>match to either best buy or circuit city -- (both are within a mile of
>Walmart). The cashier (in that department) had both of their ads, but
>the ads said simply "lowest price". They said that since the ad didn't
>state a specific price that they would not price match.
>
>dick

I've never seen an ad that says lowest price - that's totally vague
and ripe for legal action.

Justin

Shadowspawn wrote on [Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:04:34 GMT]:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:59:39 -0500, Dick Sidbury
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Shadowspawn wrote:
>>>
>>> If you are EVER asked for PROOF then ask for a manager and tell the
>>> clerk they need to RETAKE their computer training lesson (CBL) for
>>> cash register training. Cashiers are NOTallowed to ask for ads. Now
>>> many cashiers will have the various ads at their register so if you
>>> try to pull a fast one they might look it up and call you on it.

>>Well I was in a local wal-mart several months ago and wanted a price
>>match to either best buy or circuit city -- (both are within a mile of
>>Walmart). The cashier (in that department) had both of their ads, but
>>the ads said simply "lowest price". They said that since the ad didn't
>>state a specific price that they would not price match.
>>
>>dick

> I've never seen an ad that says lowest price - that's totally vague
> and ripe for legal action.

Then you don't look at ads. Most ads for Best Buy, Circuit City, Target,
even K-Mart at times have a "low price" or "lowest price" next to new
release titles.

RE Spy Kids 3D Dragon DVD Video 5 03-05-2004 11:20 AM
Spy Kids box set coming up? Grand Inquisitor DVD Video 1 03-03-2004 08:18 PM
Spy Kids 3D....grumbles. Peter Briggs DVD Video 14 03-01-2004 09:06 AM
TheDigitalReview: SPY KIDS 3-D: GAME OVER - DVD REVIEW Mike McGee DVD Video 0 02-19-2004 07:05 PM
New Releases: Anything Else, Spy Kids 3D: Complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 10-16-2003 05:30 AM

Advertisments