Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Shrink: Original Dates & Times

Reply
Thread Tools

DVD Shrink: Original Dates & Times

 
 
Buford T. Justice
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink use the dates & times used on the
original DVD that I am backing up?

I am not a big Nero fan and have used Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 for almost
everything.

Thanks In Advance,
BTJustice


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Big Easy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004

"Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote
in message
news:c1cg1q$1gf9bk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink use

the dates & times used on the
> original DVD that I am backing up?
>
> I am not a big Nero fan and have used

Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 for almost
> everything.
>
> Thanks In Advance,
> BTJustice
>

If you are happy with DVDShrink and
Roxio, why go to Nero.
Roxio came with my drive and it does
everthing I want it to do with no
problems.
Big Easy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Skid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004

"Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
news:c1cg1q$1gf9bk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink use the dates & times used on the
> original DVD that I am backing up?


Yes, unless you tell it to do otherwise.

> I am not a big Nero fan and have used Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 for almost
> everything.


Then stick with it, as long as it gives you good results.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Buford T. Justice
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
"Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JCo_b.44754$4o.60759@attbi_s52...
>
> "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:c1cg1q$1gf9bk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink use the dates & times used on the
> > original DVD that I am backing up?

>
> Yes, unless you tell it to do otherwise.


How? Will it not use the date and time of the temp files it creates? How
do you tell it to use the original date and time of files on the DVD and not
the temporary stuff?

BTJustice


 
Reply With Quote
 
Hewlett Pecker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
how do you use dvd shrink with Roxio?.......it doesn't have the dvd video
option.......only dvd builder........the only way i use Roxio is by creating
a image file using Burnatonce........so i'm using three different softwares
just to back up a dvd.......Nero is not bad i have no problems with it
......but i perfer using roxio which is the software that came with my burner
....it has the dvd builder for my camcorder movies.....the point is that how
cam i narrow it down to using 2 softwares instead of 3 using Roxio & DVD
Shrink
"Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JCo_b.44754$4o.60759@attbi_s52...
>
> "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:c1cg1q$1gf9bk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink use the dates & times used on the
> > original DVD that I am backing up?

>
> Yes, unless you tell it to do otherwise.
>
> > I am not a big Nero fan and have used Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 for almost
> > everything.

>
> Then stick with it, as long as it gives you good results.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Big Easy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004


"Hewlett Pecker" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message
news:8pu_b.249508$U%5.1731081@attbi_s03...
> how do you use dvd shrink with

Roxio?.......it doesn't have the dvd
video
> option.......only dvd

builder........the only way i use Roxio
is by creating
> a image file using

Burnatonce........so i'm using three
different softwares
> just to back up a dvd.......Nero is

not bad i have no problems with it
> .....but i perfer using roxio which is

the software that came with my burner
> ...it has the dvd builder for my

camcorder movies.....the point is that
how
> cam i narrow it down to using 2

softwares instead of 3 using Roxio &
DVD
> Shrink
> "Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)>

wrote in message
> news:JCo_b.44754$4o.60759@attbi_s52...
> >
> > "Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com>

wrote in message
> >

news:c1cg1q$1gf9bk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > If I install Nero, will DVD Shrink

use the dates & times used on the
> > > original DVD that I am backing up?

> >
> > Yes, unless you tell it to do

otherwise.
> >
> > > I am not a big Nero fan and have

used Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 for almost
> > > everything.

> >
> > Then stick with it, as long as it

gives you good results.
> >
> >


1) Send the output of DVDShrink to an
empty VIDEO_TS folder.
2) Use Roxio "Disc Creator Classic" and
drag the VIDEO_TS folder into the
project and burn it.
The default format should be UDF but you
should check it.
Also finalize the disk.
I also change the Volume name but that
only shows up when it is in a PC.
Try it you will like it.
Big Easy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RFC-822 dates into Ruby dates kellygreer1 Ruby 1 06-08-2008 10:59 PM
Need to use dates earlier than 1900 (Time library says out of range for dates < 1900) me@benjaminarai.com Ruby 1 07-17-2007 02:25 PM
Dates dates dates dates... SQL and ASP.NET David Lozzi ASP .Net 1 09-30-2005 02:18 PM
How to Preserve Original Image Dates when Transferring to CD frank1492 Digital Photography 8 08-21-2004 07:41 AM
Dates! Dates! Dates! PW ASP General 4 08-09-2004 04:42 PM



Advertisments