Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Labeling DVD'S with Memerox stamper

Labeling DVD'S with Memerox stamper

Budd

I have started labeling my DVD's with labels using a Memorex stumper.
Why play them on my PC I have no problems but when I put them I my
Toshiba player the start to hang about half way through. I have
successfully ripped the label back off of one DVD and it fixed the
problem.

My question is, what am I doing wrong and how is every one else doing
it? Could it be my Toshiba DVD player doesn't have the tolerance for
a slight offset labels?

TIA

Budd

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:41:41 GMT, Budd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have started labeling my DVD's with labels using a Memorex stomper.
>When I play them on my PC I have no problems but when I play them on my
>Toshiba player they start to hang about half way through. I have
>successfully ripped the label back off of one DVD's and it fixed the
>problem.
>
>My question is, what am I doing wrong and how is every one else doing
>it? Could it be my Toshiba DVD player doesn't have the tolerance for
>a slight offset labels?
>

>TIA

McQualude

Budd <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I have started labeling my DVD's with labels using a Memorex stumper.
> Why play them on my PC I have no problems but when I put them I my
> Toshiba player the start to hang about half way through. I have
> successfully ripped the label back off of one DVD and it fixed the
> problem.

I used to label everything, but I have noticed a higher failure rate with
labeled discs, so I have stopped labeling to see what happens.

--
McQualude

Pug Fugley

Some players can't handle labeled discs, Toshiba is one of them. I recommend
steering very clear of Toshiba, get a Panasonic or Pioneer.

"Budd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have started labeling my DVD's with labels using a Memorex stumper.
> Why play them on my PC I have no problems but when I put them I my
> Toshiba player the start to hang about half way through. I have
> successfully ripped the label back off of one DVD and it fixed the
> problem.
>
> My question is, what am I doing wrong and how is every one else doing
> it? Could it be my Toshiba DVD player doesn't have the tolerance for
> a slight offset labels?
>

> TIA

luminos

I recommmend steering very clear of labels and getting a disc printer.

Toshi1873

says...
> I have started labeling my DVD's with labels using a Memorex stumper.
> Why play them on my PC I have no problems but when I put them I my
> Toshiba player the start to hang about half way through. I have
> successfully ripped the label back off of one DVD and it fixed the
> problem.
>
> My question is, what am I doing wrong and how is every one else doing
> it? Could it be my Toshiba DVD player doesn't have the tolerance for
> a slight offset labels?

We don't use labels... get a CD/DVD marking pen, or a fine-point Sharpie
or a printer that will print on special media (has a printable surface).

Powerage

> We don't use labels... get a CD/DVD marking pen, or a fine-point Sharpie
> or a printer that will print on special media (has a printable surface).

I aggree with this post.

drsd2kill

DON'T USE the Memorex labels - they are too thick - Memorex KNOWS this and
still markets them for use on DVD's when they often cause them not to play
properly affter application.

Go to www.dvdr4less.com for their "no-wobble" labels - you can use the Memorex
stamper to apply them and - save for watching out for airbubbles - the discs
play fine using them

Bill

"drsd2kill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DON'T USE the Memorex labels - they are too thick - Memorex KNOWS this and
> still markets them for use on DVD's when they often cause them not to play
> properly affter application.

The Memorex labels that I purchased several months ago were actually too
thin--noticeably thinner than either Fellowes or the ones Imation used to
make. In addition, quality of color printing was noticeably poorer with the
Memorex labels, which is why I gave up on them.

Perhaps my luck will run out one day, but I've observed no problems to date
with discs that have been labelled. I do use an applicator to properly
center them, perhaps that's the key.

WWMX Location Stamper truncates files Hoshisato Digital Photography 1 05-26-2006 07:13 AM
ncsim and signal labeling andy VHDL 1 10-26-2004 08:40 AM
Jdatestamp 1.1 released (Date Stamper for Digital Pictures) msuresh@cheerful.com Digital Photography 0 09-06-2004 08:24 AM
Map labeling in Java Chris Smith Java 0 07-30-2004 10:20 PM

Advertisments