Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > pioneer DV-440 won't play a new DVD - other players work fine!

pioneer DV-440 won't play a new DVD - other players work fine!

asdf

Just bought the Dirty Dancing 2 DVD set for my wife and it plays on all
our DVD players (KOSS, iMac internal DVD) but the one in our living
room, a Pioneer DV-440. When either of the two disks are inserted, the
initial bit about the distribution company (Vestron I think...) plays,
and then the menu never shows. The player keeps seeking to the menu and
it never plays/displays. I can manually select other chapters and they
are fine, but when they reach the end, the menu never loads.

I looked all over the Pioneer web site, but nothing.

Any thoughts? Is this a firmware issue on the player? The discs are
pristine in condition.

Thanks!