Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Netflix Roswell DVD Question

Netflix Roswell DVD Question

sandy

My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.

TVholic

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:18:02 GMT, sandy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix now and if so how long the
> wait.

I just tried adding it to my queue, and it said all 6 discs are
available now.

Often the best time to get a title is when it's new.

Jay Stewart

"sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
> good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
> get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
> out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
> that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
> from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
> a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
> hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
> not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
> think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
> now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.

The odd paragraph break would make your posts much more readable.

Del March

<< My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.
>><BR><BR>

I have used Netflix to catch up on Babylon 5, and there is no problem getting
more than one disc from a set at any given time.

Colon Terminus

I just added it to my queue.

I moved it up so that the next 6 disks I get are the Roswell series.

Not a problem, thanks for the tip.

"sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
> good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
> get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
> out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
> that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
> from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
> a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
> hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
> not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
> think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
> now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.

Nonymous

"Jay Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "sandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
> > good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
> > get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
> > out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
> > that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
> > from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
> > a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
> > hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
> > not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
> > think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
> > now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.

> The odd paragraph break would make your posts much more readable.

He only has four sentences.

nospam@atall.xatt.net

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:50:14 GMT, "Colon Terminus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I moved it up so that the next 6 disks I get are the Roswell series.

When I'm trying to get a popular series, I usually don't put them one
right after another in my queue. Instead, I interleave another movie
in between each disc. That helps keep them from arriving out of order
if there's a short wait on any of them as they move to the #1
position.

Justin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote on [Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:28:34 GMT]:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:50:14 GMT, "Colon Terminus"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I moved it up so that the next 6 disks I get are the Roswell series.
>>

> When I'm trying to get a popular series, I usually don't put them one
> right after another in my queue. Instead, I interleave another movie
> in between each disc. That helps keep them from arriving out of order
> if there's a short wait on any of them as they move to the #1
> position.

Why not just add them as a series?

nospam@atall.xatt.net

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:01:56 GMT, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Why not just add them as a series?

My experience is that they still only get sent out one at a time. If
disc 2 in queue position #1 in a series is on short wait and disc 3 in
queue position #2 is available, disc 3 will get sent out first.

NOMAD205

>ubject: Netflix Roswell DVD Question
>From: (E-Mail Removed) (sandy)
>Date: 2/20/04 8:18 PM !!!First Boot!!!
>
>My library and Hollywood video 99 cent new dvd rentals have been very
>good to me and frankly that is more then enough dvd entertainment to
>get me through the week but for the first time I am thinking of trying
>out the two week free Netflix offer to get the Roswell DVDs. I beleive
>that I know enough that Netflix is not going to send me all six disks
>from the box set but do they ever send out more then just the one from
>a set. Also even though the Roswell audience may be small they are are
>hard core ( despite the music problem ) so I am guessing that now is
>not the time to try getting Roswell from Netflix. How long do you
>think that I should wait, a month? Anyone getting Roswell from Netflix
>now and if so how long the wait. Thanks.

they send out exactly what is in your queue if it is available in the order
that you want it, they send out however many discs from a season you pay for (
3 out plan, you get 3 if thats the way you have it organized and they are
available in your queue, same with 5 out)

DVD Verdict reviews: ROSWELL: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON (THE FINAL CHAPTER) and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 2 08-24-2005 02:39 PM
Roswell Season One Justin DVD Video 2 02-20-2004 03:17 AM
New Releases: In Living Color, Roswell, Apes Deluxe: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 5 10-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: Roswell: Fifty-Six Years Of Unanswered Questions Rev. Quentin P. Johannas Computer Support 1 10-08-2003 11:21 AM
Roswell on DVD Dylo DVD Video 7 09-24-2003 07:28 PM

Advertisments