Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > CSI Region 1 vs Region 2 Packaging

CSI Region 1 vs Region 2 Packaging

alex crouvier

Can anyone compare contrast the packaging for
CSI DVD Collection for both Region 1 & 2?
I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!
How abt Region 2?

Douglas Bailey

alex crouvier wrote:
> I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case ala DEEP SPACE NINE &
> HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!

The "book-style" package with the very thin DVD trays all bound along one
edge, wrapped in front/back plastic covers? Yep: the R1 sets are in that
packaging, same as DS9.

I like it, myself: it makes season sets condense down to very little space,
and it's far easier to manage -- when digging out a specific disc, say --
than is a DigiPak holding the same number of discs. (I wish we'd gotten
this style of packaging for the _Alien Quadrilogy_ set, the way R2 did.)

I can't address the R2 _CSI_ packaging, as I've not seen it.

--
Douglas Bailey
"Down in the basement, Cassandra splits hairs..."

Richard C.

Who cares about the packaging.

The Region 1 Season 1 is a cropped pan and scan version.

CSI was 16:9 from day one.

I refuse to buy ANY of the CSI sets until they correct season 1.
========================
"alex crouvier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4034f464$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Can anyone compare contrast the packaging for
: CSI DVD Collection for both Region 1 & 2?
: I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
: ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!
: How abt Region 2?
:
:
:

jayembee

"alex crouvier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I heard Region 1 used the same thin plastic case
> ala DEEP SPACE NINE & HOMICIDE ?/...this is cool!

DS9 and HOMICIDE have very different style cases. DS9 has
the "book" style described by Doug. HOMICIDE has each disc
in its own Thinpak case, all together in a slipcase.

-- jayembee

Application Error: "This application cannot run" CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Dark Motive Gerard Computer Support 0 01-02-2005 12:49 AM
CSI book Al Cisco 0 12-09-2003 09:01 PM
CSI Season One DVD goldfgn@telus.net DVD Video 8 07-15-2003 05:25 PM
CSI on DVD Goldfinger DVD Video 2 07-03-2003 07:41 PM
Any word on CSI Season 2 DVD? Rieper DVD Video 2 06-28-2003 12:11 PM

Advertisments