Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Back to the Future DVDs : too late to return?

Back to the Future DVDs : too late to return?

Steve Smith

I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late for
me? If not, what is the process again?

Thanks,
Steve

TSKO

"Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99.9 9.130...
> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

for
> me? If not, what is the process again?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

This is not an answer to your question, but, everytime I go into my local
Best Buy, I check out to see if any of the "V2" sets made it to the shelves
(for a friend who wants one), I have yet to see the fixed sets out there.

Has anyone actually seen the infamous "v2" on the back of the BTTF box?

SBFan2000

I havn't seen them either and I check often! An answer to the OP I returned
mine just 3-4 months ago and got them back within a month! I don't think
its to late, although I wouldn't wait much longer!

"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F6RYb.3344$(E-Mail Removed) .com...

> "Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99.9 9.130...
> > I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
> > advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

> for
> > me? If not, what is the process again?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

> This is not an answer to your question, but, everytime I go into my local
> Best Buy, I check out to see if any of the "V2" sets made it to the

shelves
> (for a friend who wants one), I have yet to see the fixed sets out there.
>
> Has anyone actually seen the infamous "v2" on the back of the BTTF box?

Ron

"Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99.9 9.130...
> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

for
> me? If not, what is the process again?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
last week.
It went very smoothly so far. See below.

Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

Hope this helps.

Ron

Curtin/Dobbs

"Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99.9 9.130...
> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with these discs?
Thanks....Curtin/Dobbs

Is it too late for
> me? If not, what is the process again?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Joshua Zyber

"Curtin/Dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with these discs?
> Thanks....Curtin/Dobbs

In the initial batch of discs that Universal released, the second and
third movie were misframed, exposing too much picture at the top and
cutting off the bottom. The aspect ratio remained the same 1.85:1, but
basically they slid the telecine up too high on the film frame and
didn't center it properly.

Universal never recalled these discs. In fact, the majority of copies on
store shelves are probably still from this mis-framed batch. However,
they did remaster the films and were at least for awhile offering an
exchange program to people who mailed in their bad discs.

David Kehler

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99. 99.130...
>> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
>> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too late

>for
>> me? If not, what is the process again?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>

>Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
>last week.
>It went very smoothly so far. See below.
>
>Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
>representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
>return the discs. The discs will be shipped to
>

>Hope this helps.
>

>Ron

What's the number for Canada, again?

David

Ron

"David Kehler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Steve Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:Xns949395E75434CsteveNOSPAMvirtualsm@140.99. 99.130...
> >> I got the BTTF dvd box set when they first came out, but I never took
> >> advantage of that return/exchange policy on discs 2 & 3. Is it too

late
> >for
> >> me? If not, what is the process again?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Steve
> >>

> >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
> >last week.
> >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
> >
> >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
> >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer

> >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to
> >

> >Hope this helps.
> >

> >Ron
> >

> What's the number for Canada, again?
>
> David

This should be the Canadian number.
Canadian customers can call 866-532-2202.

Ron

Cyclograph

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
>last week.
>It went very smoothly so far. See below.
>
>Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
>representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer to
>return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
in the first place..)
-KD

--
To reply via email: this ID @<a well known service related to yodeling>.com

Ron

"Cyclograph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:37:04 GMT, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Don't worry, its not. Both I and my father just called to send ours back
> >last week.
> >It went very smoothly so far. See below.
> >
> >Replacement Instructions: Call 888-703-0010. A customer service
> >representative will take your information and send you a prepaid mailer

> >return the discs. The discs will be shipped to

> Is this number good for other Universal replacements, e.g. the "Monty
> Python's Meaning of Life" SE set? (I had written down 888-304-0608
> ages ago, but apparently that's no longer valid or I copied it wrong
> in the first place..)
> -KD

As far as I know, that number is 1-800-433-4673. For Canadian residents
call 1-866-532-2202.
Hope this helps.

Later......
Ron