Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Indy sequel canned -sad day for us all...

Indy sequel canned -sad day for us all...

Hitman of Las Vegas

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:09:16 GMT, Shadowspawn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Works for me. That series should stay retired

Shadowspawn

Recordhead

Yeah becasue (according to AP) Lucas after approving the script now has troble
with it. What a ****ing idiot.

Justin

Derek Janssen wrote on [Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:38:35 -0800]:
> Recordhead wrote:
>
>> Yeah becasue (according to AP) Lucas after approving the script now has troble
>> with it.

> As his last "Okay, this is *really* it this time!...One LAST sure-fire
> script before we can it!" attempt, George thought a Frank Darabont
> script would be just the thing--
> It's just too bad nobody more familiar with Darabont had mentioned that
> little...you know...M-word to to Lucas *before* he'd gotten the script?

Mature?

Mike Kohary

"Shadowspawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I think that's good news. Look at what Lucas has done, driving Star Wars
into the ground by overdoing it all. Indy has driven his course, with one
very bad movie, one pretty good movie and one brilliant movie. What would
be the point of doing a fourth movie featuring a geriatric Jones?

If this news is true, I'm glad Spielberg/Lucas/Ford/whoever came to their
senses. Your mileage may vary, but I'm one of those people who thinks that
some movies simply don't need and shouldn't have sequels. (And I'm damned
glad Spielberg never did a sequel to E.T.)

Mike

Waterperson77

>And I'm damned
>glad Spielberg never did a sequel to E.T.)

however, there was a sequel to E.T. a little bit after the first movie was
released. (the original version).

I don't remember if the sequel said it was approved by Speilberg or not, but
there was a sequel.

It was just in printed book format instead of movie format.

I do seem to remember the book saying it was the sequel to E.T.

And it was approved by the same movie company that released the original E.T.
movie.

Derek Janssen

Recordhead wrote:

> Yeah becasue (according to AP) Lucas after approving the script now has troble
> with it.

As his last "Okay, this is *really* it this time!...One LAST sure-fire
script before we can it!" attempt, George thought a Frank Darabont
script would be just the thing--
It's just too bad nobody more familiar with Darabont had mentioned that
little...you know...M-word to to Lucas *before* he'd gotten the script?

Derek Janssen (a majestic endeavour)

Justin

Derek Janssen wrote on [Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:08:12 -0800]:
> Justin wrote:
>
>>>As his last "Okay, this is *really* it this time!...One LAST sure-fire
>>>script before we can it!" attempt, George thought a Frank Darabont
>>>script would be just the thing--
>>>It's just too bad nobody more familiar with Darabont had mentioned that
>>>little...you know...M-word to to Lucas *before* he'd gotten the script?

>> Mature?

> "Majestic"...As in, "Ear-bendingly corny Jim Carrey flops".
> (Now, DON'T tell me you've forgotten?)

Heh. Well, since George is going in and making even the more mature
episodes of Star Wars less and less mature....

Derek Janssen

Justin wrote:

>>As his last "Okay, this is *really* it this time!...One LAST sure-fire
>>script before we can it!" attempt, George thought a Frank Darabont
>>script would be just the thing--
>>It's just too bad nobody more familiar with Darabont had mentioned that
>>little...you know...M-word to to Lucas *before* he'd gotten the script?

> Mature?

"Majestic"...As in, "Ear-bendingly corny Jim Carrey flops".
(Now, DON'T tell me you've forgotten?)

George was apparently still "Shawshank"-blinded (hey, there are a few
sad cases left), and apparently thought that the director of "Sand
Pirates of the Sahara" [the fictitious B-movie from "Majestic"] would be
just the experienced name-screenwriter to tackle a colorfully nostalgic
Indy sequel--
Unfortunately, to get it, he'd also have to take the Darabont who'd
handled the REST of "The Majestic" along with it...And ya gets what ya
pay for.

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

jayembee

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>George was apparently still "Shawshank"-blinded (hey, there are a few
>sad cases left), and apparently thought that the director of "Sand
>Pirates of the Sahara" [the fictitious B-movie from "Majestic"] would be
>just the experienced name-screenwriter to tackle a colorfully nostalgic
>Indy sequel--

Or perhaps it was that he liked the work that Darabont did on THE
YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES.

-- jayembee