Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > House Of The Dead: The (Not) Horror, The (Not) Horror...

House Of The Dead: The (Not) Horror, The (Not) Horror...

Mike Kohary

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Mike Kohary wrote on [Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:28:33 -0800]:
> > "Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:1g9d07j.18fgvzt15emed6N%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cines cribe.demon.co.uk...

> > trailer
> >>
> >> Not in this case, no....

> > Man, that's why I read reviews on everything, so I can avoid turkeys

like
> > this (I love the video games, and would have been tempted to see the

movie
> > were it not for the awful reviews it received).
> >

> Hell, I saw the trailer and didn't need to read the reviews.
>
> Now, the Resident Evil sequel trailer is a different story

Don't know about the sequel, but Resident Evil has Milla, which means it's
inherently watchable.

Mike

Black Locust

In article <c10phd$ktj$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Don't know about the sequel, but Resident Evil has Milla, which means it's
> inherently watchable.

I quite enjoyed the first Resident Evil and I also like the games to an
extent(i have the newer gamecube ones, which are vastly superior to the
clunky old psx games...). It's not up there with George Romero's zombie
movies, but it's a frickin' masterpiece compared to House of the Dead.
The sequel looks like it picks up right where the first one left off and
that's a good thing IMO. About the only thing that has changed is the
director.

--
BL

Peter Briggs

McQualude <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Apparently you didn't read the reviews, nor have you played the video
> game. The movie is shallow and cheesy... exactly like the game. I like
> both of them.

Funnily enough, I HAVE played the game.

I guess I was dumb enough to have expected a movie, though...

Justin

Mike Kohary wrote on [Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:38:36 -0800]:
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> Mike Kohary wrote on [Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:28:33 -0800]:
>> > "Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > news:1g9d07j.18fgvzt15emed6N%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cines cribe.demon.co.uk...

>> > trailer

>> > Man, that's why I read reviews on everything, so I can avoid turkeys

> like
>> > this (I love the video games, and would have been tempted to see the

> movie
>> > were it not for the awful reviews it received).
>> >

>> Hell, I saw the trailer and didn't need to read the reviews.
>>
>> Now, the Resident Evil sequel trailer is a different story

> Don't know about the sequel, but Resident Evil has Milla, which means it's
> inherently watchable.

Oh yeah.

Peter Briggs

Mike Kohary <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Don't know about the sequel, but Resident Evil has Milla, which means it's
> inherently watchable.

God, I don't know about that. I thought RE was about on the dire level
of "Ghosts Of Mars" (and THAT had Natasha Henstridge!)

Mike Kohary

"Peter Briggs" <pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1g9ehvm.upimykwgrbakN%pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescr ibe.demon.co.uk...
> Mike Kohary <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Don't know about the sequel, but Resident Evil has Milla, which means

it's
> > inherently watchable.

> God, I don't know about that. I thought RE was about on the dire level
> of "Ghosts Of Mars" (and THAT had Natasha Henstridge!)

Sometimes you watch the movie not to watch the movie. Or at least I do.

Mike

Re: Same Old Message out of White House..."Our" House is Holding Firm hallerb@aol.com Digital Photography 11 09-07-2006 05:14 PM
My Graphics House unholy The Lounge 7 10-31-2005 06:33 AM
At a friend's house =?Utf-8?B?ZnJlZG0=?= Wireless Networking 2 07-26-2005 11:52 PM
how do i network my house? =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0?= Wireless Networking 1 07-17-2005 01:16 AM
wireless house network dropping connection across mapped drive Simon Sphynx Wireless Networking 0 01-15-2005 03:01 PM

Advertisments