Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Disney Treasure advise Please

Disney Treasure advise Please

Dragon

Just a quickie here

I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are still
available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a m8 who's
gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to pick me
it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain

any advise please so I can ring him and tell him

cheers Dave

ChrisM

> Just a quickie here
>
> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
> still available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I
> have a m8 who's gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was
> going to ask him to pick me it up, I know there not in any shops here
> in Britain
>
> any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
>

> cheers Dave

technically you may find them in the shops, it would be old stock thats been
laying there for over a year. its worth looking though, but very unlikely so
i wouldnt get him to go out of his way too much to try.
they are being released over here, goofy hasnt been given a date yet though

jayembee

"ChrisM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
>> still available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I
>> have a m8 who's gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was
>> going to ask him to pick me it up, I know there not in any shops here
>> in Britain

>technically you may find them in the shops, it would be old stock thats been
>laying there for over a year. its worth looking though, but very unlikely so
>i wouldnt get him to go out of his way too much to try.
>they are being released over here, goofy hasnt been given a date yet though

It's worth noting that within the last couple of months (first noticed
when I was Christmas shopping) that boxed sets of all seven of the
tins were being sold at Costco. They were only available in that set,
though, not individually.

-- jayembee

GMAN

In article <FmyXb.13526$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just a quickie here
>
>I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are still
>available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a m8 who's
>gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to pick me
>it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
>
>any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
>

>cheers Dave

I still see them in WalMart and SAMS clubs

General Panic

GMAN wrote:
> In article <FmyXb.13526$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Just a quickie here
>>
>> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
>> still
>> available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a
>> m8 who's
>> gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to
>> pick me
>> it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
>>
>> any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
>>

>> cheers Dave
>>

> I still see them in WalMart and SAMS clubs

I believe the sets are only in normal dvd cases not the metal collectable
tins though.
Panic

Clinton Baptiste

> Just a quickie here
>
> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are still
> available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a m8

who's
> gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to pick

me
> it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
>
> any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
>

> cheers Dave

The collectable 'tins' are mostly long gone. But they've been re-released
without the tin - just the DVD's in a plastic twin case.
As mentioned they were available at Costco but it mightbe worth a look
around.