Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Petition: Paul Schrader's The Exorcist The Beginning - Please sign

Petition: Paul Schrader's The Exorcist The Beginning - Please sign

Simon Howson

Hello,

I have created a petition here requesting the release of Paul Schrader's
version of The Exorcist: The Beginning on DVD.
http://www.petitiononline.com/exorcist/petition.html

This petition is a request to Warner to release Paul Schrader's director's
cut version on DVD, when eventually the theatrical version is released. The
text of the petition is as follows:

To: Time-Warner

In August 2003, film director Mr Paul Schrader delivered a "Directors' Cut"
of the film "The Exorcist: The Beginning" to film production company Morgan
Creek. However, due to substantial creative differences, Mr Schrader's cut
was summarily rejected, and a few months later led to his departure from the
film.

We the under signed call upon Time Warner, when releasing this film on DVD,
to issue a two disc special edition, featuring both the theatrical release
of the film, but also a second disc featuring Mr Schrader's original and
unedited "Director's Cut".

It would seem that the major disagreement between Mr Schrader, and Morgan
Creek was that effectively two very different films were in mind during the
production phase. Perhaps best defined as a horror film, compared to a
psychological thriller. However thanks to DVD there is an opportunity to
satisfy a broad range of fans of the original films, as well as admirers of
Mr Schrader's work. For those persons interested in Mr Schrader's career,
the opportunity to purchase his "Directors' Cut" would be a valuable
compliment to the theatrical release of the film.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

If you agree with this petition please sign it.

Simon Howson

WKC

I signed it, but is there really a hope in hell. Unintentional pun.

WKC.
"Simon Howson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1B1Xb.54250$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have created a petition here requesting the release of Paul Schrader's
> version of The Exorcist: The Beginning on DVD.
> http://www.petitiononline.com/exorcist/petition.html
>
> This petition is a request to Warner to release Paul Schrader's director's
> cut version on DVD, when eventually the theatrical version is released.

The
> text of the petition is as follows:
>

> To: Time-Warner
>
> In August 2003, film director Mr Paul Schrader delivered a "Directors'

Cut"
> of the film "The Exorcist: The Beginning" to film production company

Morgan
> Creek. However, due to substantial creative differences, Mr Schrader's cut
> was summarily rejected, and a few months later led to his departure from

the
> film.
>
> We the under signed call upon Time Warner, when releasing this film on

DVD,
> to issue a two disc special edition, featuring both the theatrical release
> of the film, but also a second disc featuring Mr Schrader's original and
> unedited "Director's Cut".
>
> It would seem that the major disagreement between Mr Schrader, and Morgan
> Creek was that effectively two very different films were in mind during

the
> production phase. Perhaps best defined as a horror film, compared to a
> psychological thriller. However thanks to DVD there is an opportunity to
> satisfy a broad range of fans of the original films, as well as admirers

of
> Mr Schrader's work. For those persons interested in Mr Schrader's career,
> the opportunity to purchase his "Directors' Cut" would be a valuable
> compliment to the theatrical release of the film.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> The Undersigned
>
> If you agree with this petition please sign it.
>
> Simon Howson

Simon Howson

"WKC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I signed it, but is there really a hope in hell. Unintentional pun.
>
> WKC.

Thanks

Simon Howson

melodium

> Hello,
>
> I have created a petition here requesting the release of Paul Schrader's
> version of The Exorcist: The Beginning on DVD.
> http://www.petitiononline.com/exorcist/petition.html
>
> This petition is a request to Warner to release Paul Schrader's director's
> cut version on DVD, when eventually the theatrical version is released.

The
> text of the petition is as follows:
>

> To: Time-Warner
>
> In August 2003, film director Mr Paul Schrader delivered a "Directors'

Cut"
> of the film "The Exorcist: The Beginning" to film production company

Morgan
> Creek. However, due to substantial creative differences, Mr Schrader's cut
> was summarily rejected, and a few months later led to his departure from

the
> film.
>
> We the under signed call upon Time Warner, when releasing this film on

DVD,
> to issue a two disc special edition, featuring both the theatrical release
> of the film, but also a second disc featuring Mr Schrader's original and
> unedited "Director's Cut".
>
> It would seem that the major disagreement between Mr Schrader, and Morgan
> Creek was that effectively two very different films were in mind during

the
> production phase. Perhaps best defined as a horror film, compared to a
> psychological thriller. However thanks to DVD there is an opportunity to
> satisfy a broad range of fans of the original films, as well as admirers

of
> Mr Schrader's work. For those persons interested in Mr Schrader's career,
> the opportunity to purchase his "Directors' Cut" would be a valuable
> compliment to the theatrical release of the film.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> The Undersigned
>
> If you agree with this petition please sign it.
>
> Simon Howson

maybe it really was a load of crap ! who knows...

GDS

The last time I signed an online petition I was receiving 20 spam's per day
within a month!

To the novice DO NOT SIGN!!

G.

Simon Howson

"GDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:402cbdaf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The last time I signed an online petition I was receiving 20 spam's per

day
> within a month!
>
> To the novice DO NOT SIGN!!
>
> G.

There is an option to select whether your email address is hidden, or
remains public. If you are worried about SPAM select the hidden/private
option. I started the petition and I have not received a single piece of
spam.

Simon Howson

Simon Howson

"melodium" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:402cbab7$0$1734$(E-Mail Removed) u...

> maybe it really was a load of crap ! who knows...

I don't know, I haven't seen it ;-D

Simon Howson

WKC

Your email isn't displayed unless you select an option to show it. Perhaps
this is what you did? Just guessing...

WKC.
"GDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:402cbdaf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The last time I signed an online petition I was receiving 20 spam's per

day
> within a month!
>
> To the novice DO NOT SIGN!!
>
> G.

Paul

GDS wrote:

> The last time I signed an online petition I was receiving 20 spam's
> per day within a month!
>
> To the novice DO NOT SIGN!!

You don't need to give a real e-mail address. I didn't.

Luke Hooft

"Simon Howson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1B1Xb.54250$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have created a petition here requesting the release of Paul Schrader's
> version of The Exorcist: The Beginning on DVD.
> http://www.petitiononline.com/exorcist/petition.html
>
> This petition is a request to Warner to release Paul Schrader's director's
> cut version on DVD, when eventually the theatrical version is released.

The
> text of the petition is as follows:

I signed it too. I'd really like to see Schrader's version. Harlin's is
basically 90% reshoots... in other words a completely different movie. Makes
you wonder why the let schrader go ahead with the script (which the studio
must have approved before shooting). Harlin's movie *may* be all right, but
I doubt it would be as good as Schrader's.

I too believe there's not much chance of seeing Schrader's version though.
With DVD anything's possible but I really don't think Warner would want to
publicise what a huge mess this movie's production was by releasing both
versions.

LH