Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burner question

Burner question

Mook23

I'm new to burning and I have a few questions. Is there any point of
encoding an AVI file as a high quality MPEG format for burning? It seems to
me that the quality can't improve from the orriginal. Would it be better to
just keep the size of the MPEG at about the same size as the AVI? I'd
rather ask than test mysely as I don't want to waste disks.

Justin

Mook23 wrote on [Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:10:16 -0600]:
> I'm new to burning and I have a few questions. Is there any point of
> encoding an AVI file as a high quality MPEG format for burning? It seems to
> me that the quality can't improve from the orriginal. Would it be better to
> just keep the size of the MPEG at about the same size as the AVI? I'd
> rather ask than test mysely as I don't want to waste disks.

Then go to a group that has something to do with burning DVDs.

Try alt.video.dvdr