Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Master & Commander, Unrated Wild Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Master & Commander, Unrated Wild Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing for
$29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third choice
is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition the
extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian, Cinematic
Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look featurette,
Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.

Kultur has some collections 'gathered' by top 40 list maven Casey Kasem for
release on April 27th. Included are Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine:
British Invasion, Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: Elvis - Echo Will Never
Die, Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: San Francisco Sound, Casey Kasems
Rock N Roll Goldmine: Sixties and Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: Soul.
Each will run $14.95. You can also opt for the box set listing at $59.95.

March 3rd brings some more music from the Universal Music division. Included
are James Brown: Soul Survivor, Sissel In Concert: All Good Things, Beatles:
With Tony Sheridan, Historia Video Musical: Los Angeles Azule and Tristan
Und Isolde.

Columbia/TriStar will release League Of Their Own (Special Edition) on April
20th. Featuring an all star cast the film will be presented in anamorphic
2.35:1 video and purportedly contain a Dolby 5.1 audio track. The list price
was given as $24.96. Extras include Deleted Scenes, Director's Commentary,
Exclusive Documentary, Music Video: "This Used To Be My Playground" By
Madonna.

Columbia has an Unrated version of the 1998 Neo-Noir flick, Wild Things set
for release on April 20th. Listing at $19.95 it features previous unseen
footage. They also have the direct to video sequel Wild Things 2 listing at
$24.98. Strange that the DTV sequel lists for more but that is waht the
announcement stated. Both will feature Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video.
You can also choose to get both in a two pack for $36.95.

King Of Queens: 2nd Season will be released by Columbia also on April 20th
listing at $39.95.

Fox adds a few titles to their April 20th release of 'golden age musicals.
Now included in this batch are Call Me Madam, Give My Regards To Broad St.
and the source for the hit musical Chicago, Roxy Hart. Each has a suggested
price of $14.98.

Anime is being featured as usual by Bandai Entertainment. March 3rd will
bring Please Teacher! #1: Hot For Teacher, Please Teacher! #2: Meet The
In-Laws, Please Teacher! #3: Honeymoon's Over, Please Teacher! #4: Hello
Again, Witch Hunter Robin #1: Arrival and Witch Hunter Robin #2: Belief.
Specs where given as original language with English subtitles and full
screen with a price of $29.95.

Goodtimes can help you tone up with the April 20th release of Leslie
Sansone: You Can Do Abs, Leslie Sansone: You Can Do Pilates and Leslie
Sansone: You Can Do Yoga for $19.95 or the three pack for $49.95.

Also due out from Goodtimes on April 20th is the animated TV show Totally
Spies!: Volume One - First Secret Mission and Totally Spies!: Volume Two -
The Getaway for $14.95. On April 27th they have an addition to their
Biblical series, Apocalypse for $19.95.

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
38,667 titles with 212 additions or changes and 345 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 39,012 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 258, This Week 291 and Next Week 141 titles.

Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas Chainsaw
Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation, Thirteen,
Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The
Shield:Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians
(History Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them.
Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Richard

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<tODWb.14307$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
> Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing for
> $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third choice
> is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition the
> extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian, Cinematic
> Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
> Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look featurette,
> Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
> International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
> Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.

There is nothing as annoying as reading lists stuck together as
paragraphs.
-Rich

SRT

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<tODWb.14307$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> > On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
> > Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing

for
> > $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third

choice
> > is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition

the
> > extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian,

Cinematic
> > Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
> > Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look

featurette,
> > Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
> > International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
> > Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.
> >

> There is nothing as annoying as reading lists stuck together as
> paragraphs.
> -Rich

--DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly. Glad
to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be to
just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for the
specifics or details about the specs and special content (which by the way,
is usually meaningless junk for the most part - like knowing that a release
has "Four multi-angle scene studies" and "Four Art Galleries" is really
going to make someone run out and buy that specific edition).

srt

Doug MacLean

"SRT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%tXb.4673$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<tODWb.14307$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> > > On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
> > > Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two,

retailing
> for
> > > $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third

> choice

> --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

Glad
> to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be to
> just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for the

Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I changed
to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.
--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

SRT

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aruXb.49276$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

> Glad
> > to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be

> > just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for

the

> Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I

changed
> to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
> format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.
> --
>
> Doug MacLean
> Home Theater Info
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
> home of the web's most complete and frequently updated downloadable list
> of all region one DVDs including out of print, future and current

releases,
> DVD Reviews and Home Theater Advice

yes, you did good, I believe a definite improvement.

srt

David E. Bath

In article <OQLZb.14697$(E-Mail Removed) .net>,
"SRT" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:aruXb.49276$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

>> Glad
>> > to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be

>> > just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for

> the
>> >

>> Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I

> changed
>> to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
>> format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.

> yes, you did good, I believe a definite improvement.

I agree, I would almost always skip your posts since it was too
difficult to find the DVD titles without careful reading. The list
format is much better.