Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > AIRPORT Collection---Concorde CUT!!!!

AIRPORT Collection---Concorde CUT!!!!

Film Buff

JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last film
"The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
WHAT IS CUT????????
Thanks for help

Michael Rogers

The IMDB is not always correct. Not saying it is or isn't cut but the
IMDB is put together by user submissions and is subject to error.

There are versions with deleted scenes (network TV version)that get
shown on TV (most recently AMC). Some of the confusion may come from
this.

Mike

Film Buff wrote:

> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last film
> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
> WHAT IS CUT????????
> Thanks for help

Film Buff

Also checked Maltin and Motion Picture Guide and they give the same running time of
123 mins.
Still wondering what is cut?????

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:30:50 GMT, Michael Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The IMDB is not always correct. Not saying it is or isn't cut but the
>IMDB is put together by user submissions and is subject to error.
>
>There are versions with deleted scenes (network TV version)that get
>shown on TV (most recently AMC). Some of the confusion may come from
>this.
>
>Mike
>
>Film Buff wrote:
>>
>> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last film
>> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
>> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
>> WHAT IS CUT????????
>> Thanks for help

Michael Rogers

Amazon lists the VHS run time as 113 minutes. Maltin has been wrong in
many cases as well. I'll bet that Motion Picture guide and IMDB copied
runtime from Maltin (IMDB used to list the Maltin Summery, until I bet
Maltin asserted his rights).

I don't think I remember the film running over 2 hours on HBO way back
when, it's only on the network TV versions with additional footage that
it runs over 2 hours.

I have the Airport Terminal DVD pack and I live near a mom and pop video
store filled with early video versions of many movies (Hell, they even
have the very first Magnetic Video 20'th Century Fox releases).

Perhaps I'll rent there (I'll bet 20+ year old) copy of Airport 79 to
confirm what I suspect:

That the runtime on IMDB (probabaly carried over from Maltin) is in
error and the movie on Airport Terminal is the original theatrical
lenth.

Film Buff wrote:

> Also checked Maltin and Motion Picture Guide and they give the same running time of
> 123 mins.
> Still wondering what is cut?????
>
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:30:50 GMT, Michael Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >The IMDB is not always correct. Not saying it is or isn't cut but the
> >IMDB is put together by user submissions and is subject to error.
> >
> >There are versions with deleted scenes (network TV version)that get
> >shown on TV (most recently AMC). Some of the confusion may come from
> >this.
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >Film Buff wrote:
> >>
> >> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last film
> >> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
> >> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
> >> WHAT IS CUT????????
> >> Thanks for help

Film Buff

Hope you do
I cannot find any run time except the 123.
This may be advanced preview runtime before cuts were made for theatrical release
Sure do wish these people would get their running times correct
Thanks Again

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:51:10 GMT, Michael Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Amazon lists the VHS run time as 113 minutes. Maltin has been wrong in
>many cases as well. I'll bet that Motion Picture guide and IMDB copied
>runtime from Maltin (IMDB used to list the Maltin Summery, until I bet
>Maltin asserted his rights).
>
>I don't think I remember the film running over 2 hours on HBO way back
>when, it's only on the network TV versions with additional footage that
>it runs over 2 hours.
>
>I have the Airport Terminal DVD pack and I live near a mom and pop video
>store filled with early video versions of many movies (Hell, they even
>have the very first Magnetic Video 20'th Century Fox releases).
>
>Perhaps I'll rent there (I'll bet 20+ year old) copy of Airport 79 to
>confirm what I suspect:
>
>That the runtime on IMDB (probabaly carried over from Maltin) is in
>error and the movie on Airport Terminal is the original theatrical
>lenth.
>

>Film Buff wrote:
>>
>> Also checked Maltin and Motion Picture Guide and they give the same running time of
>> 123 mins.
>> Still wondering what is cut?????
>>
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:30:50 GMT, Michael Rogers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >The IMDB is not always correct. Not saying it is or isn't cut but the
>> >IMDB is put together by user submissions and is subject to error.
>> >
>> >There are versions with deleted scenes (network TV version)that get
>> >shown on TV (most recently AMC). Some of the confusion may come from
>> >this.
>> >
>> >Mike

TheDreamwaster

They cut the scene where George Kennedy has an orgy with the luggage in the
baggage compartment.
"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last

film
> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
> WHAT IS CUT????????
> Thanks for help

Jay Stewart

"TheDreamwaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> They cut the scene where George Kennedy has an orgy with the luggage in

the
> baggage compartment.

I remember that scene. When he was done it looked like a mayonnaise truck
had exploded.

djskyler

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last

film
> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
> WHAT IS CUT????????
> Thanks for help

I saw this one in the theaters, I remember it being under two hours in
length.

Jeffy3

Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> JUst got this one and I notice by IMDB and other sources that for the last film
> "The Concorde: Airport '79" the running time is 123 mins.
> But the DVD has a RUNNING TIME OF 113 MINS!!!!!
> WHAT IS CUT????????
> Thanks for help

HA! The more they cut of this movie the better!

Michael Rogers

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!