Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Where to buy DVD's other than region 1? (Just got a region free player)

Where to buy DVD's other than region 1? (Just got a region free player)

DVDfanatico

Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that sell DVDs
from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds in different
languages, that's why I ask.

I would also like suggestions of websites. This forum already mentioned two
Italian sites: http://www.dvdland.it and http://www.dvd.it

I also know of Amazon.fr and Amazon.de but the shipping seems high (about 16
Euros to ship one disc). That's more than the price for the disc itself.

Have DVD's caught on in Spain or Portugal or Russia?

I just got a region free DVD player from Ebay and am anxious to try it out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-DVDfanatico

El stinky

DVDfanatico wrote:
> Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that
> sell DVDs from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds
> in different languages, that's why I ask.

Give Chinatown a shot.
--
_________________________________
Home Of The Tiltwheel

Andrew Venor

El stinky wrote:
> DVDfanatico wrote:
>
>>Are there any stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose that
>>sell DVDs from other regions? I like to watch foreign films and dvds
>>in different languages, that's why I ask.
>>

> Give Chinatown a shot.

Or try some of the shops along Webster St. in Oakland's Chinatown too.

ALV