Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Gothika & Love Don't Cost a Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Gothika & Love Don't Cost a Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Halle Berry thriller, Gothika will drop care of Warner Brothers on March
23rd as both a P&S and anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen version. Both will have
Dolby 5.1 audio and list for $27.95. The reported extras so far seem a
little sparse; Audio Commentary, Fred Durst Music Video "Behind Blue Eyes"
and Theatrical Trailer.

Warner Brothers also has Love Don't Cost A Thing set for a release date of
April 27th. Holding true to form there will also be a P&S and anamorphic
1.85:1 scope version. Both have Dolby 5.1 and list for $27.95. The extra
features where given as Alternate ending; 2 Music Videos - "Shorty (Put it
on the Floor)" by platinum selling rap stars Busta Rhymes, Chingy, Fat Joe
and film star Nick Cannon PLUS "Luv Me Baby" by Murphy Lee.

For fans of classic folk music Rhino has Peter, Paul & Mary: Carry It On -
Musical Legacy set for release on February 24th; list price $19.98. Also
from Rhino on March 9th are Mystery Science Theater 3000 #5: (Merlin's Shop
Of Mystical Wonders / Touch Of Satan / Timechasers / Boggy Creek II)
($59.95) and Transformers: Season 3, Part 2 & Season 4 ($49.95).

Acorn Media has something for the older, couch potato, Keeping Fit In Your
50's: Aerobics, Keeping Fit In Your 50's: Flexibility and Keeping Fit In
Your 50's: Strength for $19.95 each. If you really want to get in shape you
can get the box set of all three for $49.95. All street on April 13th.

From Image on April 6th: Computer Animation Adventure / Computer Animation
Experience (2-Pack), F.E.D.S. (Special Edition). On April 20th, Lost World:
Season 2 (5.1 audio/full screen) and on April 27th; Jane Olivor: Safe
Return.

April 20th brings a few titles from Tai Seng including Just One Look,
Heavenly Legend and Park (Special Edition).

Some changes in status have been confirmed. Pat Benatar: Best Shots: The
Videos has been listed as discontinued by EMI. Genesis: The Way We Walk:
Live In Concert (Special Edition) has been discontinued by Wave Imports.
Rhino has discontinued Rock, Rhythm And Doo Wop: The Greatest Songs From
Early Rock And Roll. Please check with the rescheduled list for any possible
re-issues.

Among the 293 titles due out this week 2/10/04:

Acorn Media: Lexx S4 #5, Lexx S4 #6, Lexx S4: 4th Series Part 1, Lexx S4:
4th Series Part 2.

Anchor Bay: Xena: Warrior Princess: Season #3 (Special Edition), Once Upon A
Time In Italy: The Spaghetti Western Collection.

BMG: Christina Aguilera:Stripped...Live In The UK (Jewel Case)

Brentwood: AC/DC: Back In Black, Def Leppard: Pyro-Graphic

Buena Vista: Academy Award Winning Movies: Volume #3: Shakespeare In Love /
English Patient / Il Postino, Best Of World Cinema #1: Amelie / Cinema
Paradiso (The New Version) / Malena / Farewell My Concubine, Academy Award
Winning Movies: Volume #1: Chicago / Frida / Life Is Beautiful, Academy
Award Winning Movies: Volume #2: Good Will Hunting / Cider House Rules /
Sling Blade, Lion King 1 1/2 (2 Disc).

Columbia/TriStar: In The Cut (Unrated Version), In The Cut ('R' Rated
Version)

Fox: Fox Originals #1: Perfect Murder, Perfect Town / RFK / Winds Of Terror,
Angel: Season 3, Party Monster (Fox/ Special Edition)

Lion's Gate: Wonderland (2003)

Rhino: H.R. Pufnstuf: The Complete Series

Universal: Airport Terminal Pack: Airport / Airport 1975 / Airport '77 / The
Concorde: Airport '79, Battlestar Galactica: Complete Epic Series (Special
Edition).

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
38,622 titles with 95 additions or changes and 359 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 38,981 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 258, This Week 291 and Next Week 141 titles.

Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas Chainsaw
Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation, Thirteen,
Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The
Shield:Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians
(History Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them.
Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Derek Janssen

Doug MacLean wrote:

> Buena Vista: Academy Award Winning Movies: Volume #3: Shakespeare In Love /
> English Patient / Il Postino, Best Of World Cinema #1: Amelie / Cinema
> Paradiso (The New Version) / Malena / Farewell My Concubine, Academy Award
> Winning Movies: Volume #1: Chicago / Frida / Life Is Beautiful, Academy
> Award Winning Movies: Volume #2: Good Will Hunting / Cider House Rules /
> Sling Blade

(And all from Miramax--
Is someone perhaps a little bitter about getting stiffed for Best
Picture nominations this year?)

Derek Janssen ("C'mon, we own it and you know it; what's this 'no Cold
Mountain' crap, anyway??")