Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Look out! Here comes the Spider-man!

Look out! Here comes the Spider-man!

Michael Alan Chary

Per www.tvshowsondvd.com printing a press release from BV:

Available on DVD for the first time ever, Spidey's classic 1967 animated
adventures are brought together in the amazing SPIDER-MAN: THE '67 CLASSIC
COLLECTION DVD box set. This nostalgic six-DVD set brings together all 52
fully restored classic Spider-Man episodes from the original 1967 TV
series. It's non-stop action and excitement as Spidey takes on his biggest
foes, including Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, Mysterio, The Rhino, The
Kingpin, Dr. Magneto, and many more! This unique set is a must-own
collectible for every Spider-Man fan, only on DVD June 29.

--
"The Pseudo Politically Correct term that I would use to describe the mind set
of postmodernism is "epistemologically challenged": a constitutional inability

Chris4V

wrong newsgroup

Cernovog

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:54:14 -0500, Chris4V wrote
(in message <(E-Mail Removed)>):

> wrong newsgroup

Does anything actually happen in rec.arts.comics.other-media? Last time I
checked it was dead, dead, D E A D. I'm talking Uncle Ben dead.

Jedah And Sonans

"Michael Alan Chary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c09m73$ska$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Per www.tvshowsondvd.com printing a press release from BV:
>
>It's non-stop action and excitement as Spidey takes on his biggest
> foes, including Dr. Magneto,

Funny episode, but I feel like I should be able to sue them for false
representation. This 'Dr. Magneto' was certainly not the mutant messiah and
the X-Men's greatest foe, rather a man with a MAGNETIC WATCH.

They also pronounded it Mag-nett-o. Heh, reminds me of that Deadpool comic
where Constrictor and Titania-fake were areguing about how to pronounce
Magneto.

Lithurge

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> wrong newsgroup

Why?

Paul O'Brien

In message <c0atc0$soo$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jedah And Sonans
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>Funny episode, but I feel like I should be able to sue them for false
>representation. This 'Dr. Magneto' was certainly not the mutant messiah
>and the X-Men's greatest foe, rather a man with a MAGNETIC WATCH.

"Back off, Spider-Man, or I'll... uh... I'll stick my wrist to the
fridge door."

--
Paul O'Brien

THE X-AXIS - http://www.thexaxis.com
ARTICLE 10 - http://www.ninthart.com
LIVEJOURNAL - http://www.livejournal.com/~paulobrien

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

>wrong newsgroup

Since the point of Michael's post was that it was coming out on DVD,
how is alt.video.dvd the wrong newsgroup?

-- jayembee

Michael Alan Chary

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris4V <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>wrong newsgroup

Dear God, you're right. I accidently posted about a DVD release in a
newsgroup devoted to DVDs. How unsightly. Surely it belongs in
alt.fan.ignorant.morons.who.do.not.know.where.to.p ost.

Okay, that's harsh, but pray, how is this the wrong newsgroup in which to
post about a forthcoming DVD release?
--

Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:54:14 -0500, Chris4V wrote
>(in message <(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
>> wrong newsgroup

>Does anything actually happen in rec.arts.comics.other-media? Last time I
>checked it was dead, dead, D E A D. I'm talking Uncle Ben dead.

That newsgroup was rmgrouped three years or so ago.

--
"The Pseudo Politically Correct term that I would use to describe the mind set
of postmodernism is "epistemologically challenged": a constitutional inability
to adopt a reasonable way to tell the good stuff from the bad stuff."
- Chip Morningstar

Cernovog

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:17:45 -0500, Michael Alan Chary wrote
(in message <c0c6sp$gqq$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:54:14 -0500, Chris4V wrote
>> (in message <(E-Mail Removed)>):
>>
>>> wrong newsgroup

>> Does anything actually happen in rec.arts.comics.other-media? Last time I
>> checked it was dead, dead, D E A D. I'm talking Uncle Ben dead.
>>

> That newsgroup was rmgrouped three years or so ago.

So what's the right newsgroup for talking about comics related movies and
DVDs? Is there a specific group for that any more or does it all get dumped
in rec.arts.comics.misc?