Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > got an idea

got an idea

07-10-2005
I have some what of an idea for a cool mod.. just money is the big issue.. any idea's? I'm thinking of a case that give the effect that components are in water. Like having the hard drives in a clear bay that has a double layer with room between for water to be pumped.. maybe the top and bottom have the same effect.. and the whole case clear..

07-11-2005
This is the opportunity for the ultimate water cooling rig. Make the entire case the coolant resevoir, with an isolation chamber for the components. Basically, you'll need to fabricate a clear case within a clear case. You'll have to obtain a water-tight seal between the cases, and build in your "fill and drain valves" (that's spacecraft speak, and comes from the propulsion subsystem). Think of the capacity! Now think about how you would access the internal case. I think the internal case would have to slide out on rails (to the rear) - so the components would be mounted on a clear platform that is the removeable section of the internal clear case.
I hope you do this mod. I also hope you get some support from modders that have worked with clear cases, water cooling, and things of this nature!

07-11-2005
Sounds sort of like the dual fish tank sort of thing taken a little farther. I sure wish I knew a little about water cooling so I could help you out ..................

07-11-2005
I have a great idea, Have the HDD Sats, and Swapable... also have a Drive to Bridge Section (includes power for HDD, CD/DVD), then have the Man Section the mobo as a Removeable from the Back, like the Rack in my review (the Coolermaster Case) and have the connections easy to remove (that would be hard, maybe a Sort of Pin Connection so u don't actually have Plugs

07-13-2005
Sound lieka very interesting ideas. Never thought about it, though.
You need to design a whole new Plexiglass Case with double-layered walls (with a gap between them).
You can always put some fish inside, as well
If you really have the money (and right connections) you can always drawn all your components inside a special transparent liquid which doesn't conduct (I forgot the type of that material). This liquid was presented quite a long time ago buy some Fire Departments.

07-13-2005
yes, someone in pimprig.com has a setup like that

07-13-2005
Hmm... I'm starting not to like the tank inside the tank idea. It would look to bulky.. I have seen pics of the comp submerged in a liquid but i don't want to copy anyone.

07-13-2005
There are more and more of the submerged mods coming out as more and more companies make non-conductive fluid and the price comes down.

07-14-2005
but Unless make a Fridge for ur computer (get rid of the Water) then ur pro