Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Gods Must be Crazy missing subtitles

Gods Must be Crazy missing subtitles

Colin Caulkins

Today I got the recently released Gods Must be Crazy I & II in the mail
and immediately watched the Journey to Nyae Nyae featurette on the first
disc. This contains a number of long, untranslated sections in which
G/qa'o and others speak their native language. Thinking this odd, I
pressed the subtitle button and discovered that this is all subtitled in
Japanese but not English! What a horrible oversight on somebody's part.

Colin

Douglas Bailey

Colin Caulkins wrote:
> Today I got the ... Gods Must be Crazy I & II ... and immediately watched
> the Journey to Nyae Nyae featurette on the first disc. This contains a
> number of long, untranslated sections in which G/qa'o and others speak
> their native language. Thinking this odd, I pressed the subtitle button
> and discovered that this is all subtitled in Japanese but not English!

I had the same experience. At first, I thought the featurette director was
just screwing with my head.

Now if I can just find someone who can translate Japanese subtitles, I'll
be all set.

--
Douglas Bailey
2/7/2004 2:42:21 AM

Colin Caulkins

Douglas Bailey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I had the same experience. At first, I thought the featurette director was
> just screwing with my head.

> Now if I can just find someone who can translate Japanese subtitles, I'll
> be all set.

Sony, or perhaps the producer of the featurette, ought to make a cue list
of the missing English subtitles available for download. IMO, of course.

Colin

crazy browser go crazy dr greg Computer Support 7 01-14-2005 09:13 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY DUOLOGY and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 07-16-2004 09:04 AM
3500 QOS gods sought P Cisco 0 06-22-2004 06:50 AM
The Gods Must Be Crazy I & II, Specs, Feb 3rd Mike McGee DVD Video 3 11-28-2003 10:45 AM
The Gods Must be Crazy on DVD Colin Caulkins DVD Video 8 11-26-2003 04:12 AM

Advertisments