Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Freaks and Geeks on Amazon

Freaks and Geeks on Amazon

Nicholas Andrade

Sorry if this is old news, but I just got an email from Amazon saying
they're taking preorders for Freaks and Geeks (TV Series), listing it
for 48.99 (MSRP of 69.9. Not a bad deal, I just hope it has more
features than the My So-Called Life set.

Adios,
~Nick

Doug MacLean

"Nicholas Andrade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:57HTb.19296$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Sorry if this is old news, but I just got an email from Amazon saying
> they're taking preorders for Freaks and Geeks (TV Series), listing it
> for 48.99 (MSRP of 69.9. Not a bad deal, I just hope it has more
> features than the My So-Called Life set.
>
> Adios,
> ~Nick

The announcement released by Sony indicated the following as extras:

Director's Cut Pilot Episode with Never-Before-Seen Footage.

29 Audio Commentaries by the actors, writers, directors, network executives,
parents of cast members, teachers in character and dedicated fans of the
show.

Over 60 deleted scenes and outtakes with commentary.

28-page booklet with essay by creator Paul Feig, Q&A with producer/writer
Judd Apatow and illustrated by extremely geeky photos.

Cast Auditions.

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

Sean McLean

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Doug MacLean wrote:

> The announcement released by Sony indicated the following as extras:
>
> Director's Cut Pilot Episode with Never-Before-Seen Footage.
>
> 29 Audio Commentaries by the actors, writers, directors, network executives,
> parents of cast members, teachers in character and dedicated fans of the
> show.
>
> Over 60 deleted scenes and outtakes with commentary.
>
> 28-page booklet with essay by creator Paul Feig, Q&A with producer/writer
> Judd Apatow and illustrated by extremely geeky photos.
>
> Cast Auditions.

In a word...WOW. Now THAT'S what I like to see in a TV series set!
Helluva bargain at less than 50 clams with all that stuff...

- Sean

Ray

> In a word...WOW. Now THAT'S what I like to see in a TV series set!
> Helluva bargain at less than 50 clams with all that stuff...

There's also an 8 disc Limited Edition available only from Sony for $120.00
that comes with an 80 page "yearbook"

http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/index.html

"Sean McLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) a.tc.ca...
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Doug MacLean wrote:
>
> > The announcement released by Sony indicated the following as extras:
> >
> > Director's Cut Pilot Episode with Never-Before-Seen Footage.
> >
> > 29 Audio Commentaries by the actors, writers, directors, network

executives,
> > parents of cast members, teachers in character and dedicated fans of the
> > show.
> >
> > Over 60 deleted scenes and outtakes with commentary.
> >
> > 28-page booklet with essay by creator Paul Feig, Q&A with

producer/writer
> > Judd Apatow and illustrated by extremely geeky photos.
> >
> > Cast Auditions.

> In a word...WOW. Now THAT'S what I like to see in a TV series set!
> Helluva bargain at less than 50 clams with all that stuff...
>
> - Sean

Goro

Nicholas Andrade <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<57HTb.19296$(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Sorry if this is old news, but I just got an email from Amazon saying
> they're taking preorders for Freaks and Geeks (TV Series), listing it
> for 48.99 (MSRP of 69.9. Not a bad deal, I just hope it has more
> features than the My So-Called Life set.
>
> Adios,
> ~Nick

if Extras are what you want, you might want to check out this F&G set:

http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/index.html

Pricey, but for F&G, i think it's worth it.

Nicholas Andrade

Goro wrote:

> Nicholas Andrade <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<57HTb.19296$(E-Mail Removed) om>...
>
>>Sorry if this is old news, but I just got an email from Amazon saying
>>they're taking preorders for Freaks and Geeks (TV Series), listing it
>>for 48.99 (MSRP of 69.9. Not a bad deal, I just hope it has more
>>features than the My So-Called Life set.
>>
>>Adios,
>>~Nick

> if Extras are what you want, you might want to check out this F&G set:
>
> http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/index.html
>
> Pricey, but for F&G, i think it's worth it.

Cool, I had seen that site before (and that price) and was shocked that
Amazon had it for so much less. I wasn't sure if it was a different
version or the same just the seller screwing people (like Another
Universe did with the fans who ordered MS-CL set directly).

Adios,
~Nick