Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources

Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources

Goro

Anyone know the status of these two dvds? I recall seeing these in
the stores not too long ago, but recently when i decided to go ahead
and buy them, they were nowhere to be found and the online sites don't
list them.

Anyone know more about them and if there's a potential re-release?

thx
-goro-

Jan Minekus

See
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/sea...699214-0356108

jan

On 2 Feb 2004 09:42:33 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Goro) wrote:

>Anyone know the status of these two dvds? I recall seeing these in
>the stores not too long ago, but recently when i decided to go ahead
>and buy them, they were nowhere to be found and the online sites don't
>list them.
>
>Anyone know more about them and if there's a potential re-release?
>
>thx
>-goro-

Goro

thanks, but the link sends me to a error message. i searched
amazon.fr for Jean de Florette and saw that (a) they have a nice
version, but it apparently doesn't have english sub-titles
(Sous-titres), (b) Manon des Sources is unavailable there as well.

is there any reason that it shoudl go OP domestically (US) R1?

thx
-goro-

Jan Minekus wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> See
> http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/sea...699214-0356108
>
> jan
>

> On 2 Feb 2004 09:42:33 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Goro) wrote:
>
> >Anyone know the status of these two dvds? I recall seeing these in
> >the stores not too long ago, but recently when i decided to go ahead
> >and buy them, they were nowhere to be found and the online sites don't
> >list them.
> >
> >Anyone know more about them and if there's a potential re-release?
> >
> >thx
> >-goro-

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) (Goro) wrote:

> is there any reason that it shoudl go OP domestically (US) R1?

Most likely because MGM's license for them expired.

-- jayembee