Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Dead Like Me & Great Escape: Updated complete downloadble R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Dead Like Me & Great Escape: Updated complete downloadble R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Showtime's Dead Like Me has received a lot of critical acclaim. If you
missed this cable series about a young dead girl recruited into the ranks of
Grim Reapers, you can catch the entire first season care of MGM/UA on May
4th. The set features Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 1.78:1 video and a list
price of $58.96. The extras where listed as Audio Commentary, Deleted
Scenes, Behind the Scenes Featurette, The Music Of Dead Like Me Featurette
and Photo Gallery.

MGM will release one of the all time greatest war flick, The Great Escape in
a special edition two disc set on May 25th. This release sports both the
original mono audio as well as a re-mixed Dolby 5.1 track. The video is
listed as being anamorphic 2.35:1 and the list price as $29.98. Among the
extras announced so far are Audio Commentary With The Cast And Crew, The
Great Escape: Heroes Underground Featurette, The Great Escape: The Untold
Story Featurette, The Real Virgil Hilts: A Man Called Jones Documentary,
Trivia Track, Original Theatrical Trailer and Photo Gallery.

Good, The Bad And The Ugly: 2 Disc Collector's Edition will be released by
MGM on May 18th for $29.98. The audio is presented in both a re-mixed Dolby
5.1 and the original mono Italian track, English subtitles are also present.
The video was listed as 2.35:1 anamorphic. The extras announced were
Extended 3 Hour Version, Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard
Schickel, Leone's West: Making Of Documentary, The Man Who Lost The Civil
War: Civil War Documentary, Reconstructing The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Featurette On Composer Ennio Morricone, Deleted Scenes, Poster Gallery, and
Collectible Postcards.

Timed to help promote the release of the Great Escape and The Good the Bad
and the Ugly, MGM/UA has a number of war and western flicks due out on May
25th. Most are listed as mono audio with widescreen video. There was no
confirmation at this point as to whether they will be anamorphic. The list
price for each disc was given as $14.98. Included are; Shalako, Minute To
Pray, A Second To Die, Magnificent Seven Ride, Junior Bonner, Duel In The
Sun, Dances With Wolves (looks like 5.1/P&S), Too Late The Hero, Last
Valley, Hell In The Pacific, Custer Of The West and Guns Of The Magnificent
Seven.

Artisan has some releases set for April 20th. Most appear at this point to
be full screen with two channel audio, listing at either $12.95 or $14.95.
Included are; Welcome To Spring Break (Nightmare Beach), Incident At Oglala:
The Leonard Peltier Story, Bloodmoon, Dice Rules: The Andrew Dice Clay
Concert Movie, Silver Stallion, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Animated),
Little People: Creativity Collection, Little People: Friendship Collection,
Clifford's Puppy Days: New Friends/Little Puppy, Big Adventures and Dark
Harvest.

Artisan also has announced Big Empty for April 20th with Dolby 5.1 and
anamorphic video for $26.98. They also have King Of New York: Special
Edition on the same date, also with Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video for
$19.98. The extras for King of New York where given as All New Commentaries
and On-Camera Interviews, New York 1990 Documentary: A Look At Gangster Film
and Gangsta Rap Influences On The Movie, The Search For Abel Ferrara
Documentary: A Portrait Of the Film's Enigmatic Director, Abel Ferrara; TV
Spots, Schooly D Music Video and a Theatrical Trailer.

The second season of the late 70's television series, Charlie's Angels, will
be released by Columbia/TriStar on April 6th. The suggested list price was
given as $49.95.

Columbia also will release Best Of The Muppets Show: Diana Ross for $19.95,
also on April 6th.

VCI has announced several older titles for a February 24th release date.
Included were Adventures Of The Flying Cadets, Miracle Rider and Red Ryder
Double Feature #3.

On February 3rd Platinum will release Across The Line (Re-release), Far Out
Man, Leeches, The Lottery, Magic Bubble, Perpetrators Of The Crime
(Re-release), Requiem For Murder (Re-release), Rodeo Girl, Speed Demon
(Re-release), Spirit Of The Eagle (Re-release), Split Decisions, Strike
Force, Sweet Talker (Re-release), Tim (Re-release), Trapped In Silence and
one of the earliest Sandra Bullock films, Who Shot Patakango?. Each title
retails for $9.98.

Speaking of very early performances VCI also has Second Chances, a
television series featuring a very early Jennifer Lopez. The box set
apparently contains all episodes of this short lived series and will retail
for $39.95.

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
38,235 titles with 267 additions or changes and 393 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 38,628 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 221, This Week 277 and Next Week 227 titles.

Previews of Lost in Translation, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas
Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Thirteen, Underworld,
Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The Shield:
Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians (History
Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them. Coming
titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Dunf

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6QGSb.739$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> On February 3rd Platinum will release Across The Line (Re-release), Far

Out
> Man, Leeches, The Lottery, Magic Bubble, Perpetrators Of The Crime
> (Re-release), Requiem For Murder (Re-release), Rodeo Girl, Speed Demon
> (Re-release), Spirit Of The Eagle (Re-release), Split Decisions, Strike
> Force, Sweet Talker (Re-release), Tim (Re-release), Trapped In Silence and
> one of the earliest Sandra Bullock films, Who Shot Patakango?. Each title
> retails for $9.98.
>
> Speaking of very early performances VCI also has Second Chances, a
> television series featuring a very early Jennifer Lopez. The box set
> apparently contains all episodes of this short lived series and will

retail
> for $39.95.
>
> Stop by for a complete downloadable information list of all region one

DVDs
> in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now

features
> 38,235 titles with 267 additions or changes and 393 Pre-Release
> announcements. The All Titles list has 38,628 titles. Recent releases
> include: Last Week 221, This Week 277 and Next Week 227 titles.
>
> Previews of Lost in Translation, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas
> Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Thirteen, Underworld,
> Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The Shield:
> Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians (History
> Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them. Coming
> titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm
>
> Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled

titles
> as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
> original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
> greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
> function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
> partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com

and
> DVDLister.
>
> Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
> daily.
>
> Please stop by and visit.
> Thank you.
>
> Doug MacLean
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Thanks Doug. This is a very comprehensive list of new releases-good job.

Bustm

How could they remix the audio to "The Great Escape." None of the music
elements supposedly survive. Will it be "synthesized" stereo?