Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Bridge VS Wireless Access Point for DVR connection to wireless network

Wireless Bridge VS Wireless Access Point for DVR connection to wireless network

Mark

Hi.

I have a question to ask the group and hope I get some direction in which
way I should proceed...

I have a new Replay TV box that has an Ethernet port which I can use to
connect it to my wireless network. It's downstairs and my wireless router is
upstairs. By connecting the unit to my home network, I can dump the programs
over to my PC and burn the ones I want to keep to DVD so I can purge the
older recorded material off the DVR. I know I can get a wireless
bridge/gaming adapter to plug the unit into but was wondering if a wireless
access point would also work? I see that most of the wireless access points
have an Ethernet port as well like this one I spotted on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Question 1: Would this work if I were to plug the unit into the Ethernet
port on a wireless access point the same as a wireless bridge?
Question 2: Would my wireless router see the access point without being
connected via cable? (I thought a wireless access point could expand the
current router's coverage area)

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!