Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ed Wood RECALL? Does ANYONE TRULY KNOW WHY???

Ed Wood RECALL? Does ANYONE TRULY KNOW WHY???

reg@dwight.com

Dunf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Yeah, Sir Elton John shoved it up David Furnish's ass during heavy sex.

Scot Gardner

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:

"And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
announced" schedule yet again."

The way things are going, _Star Wars_ Episodes 4-6 will be on DVD before
_Ed Wood_.

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/bg9.html

Mike7883uk

>Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:
>
>"And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
>from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
>3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
>long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
>certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
>Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
>thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
>film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
>later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
>announced" schedule yet again."
>
>The way things are going, _Star Wars_ Episodes 4-6 will be on DVD before
>_Ed Wood_.
>
>http://www.davisdvd.com/news/bg9.html

I'd say thats a good theory, due to the amount of studio DVD tie-in's these
days. I wouldnt be surprised to see it coincide with The Big Fish release. I
certainly wouldnt buy it off ebay for $75. If anyone really can't wait, just
order the R2 for under $10.

Mike.

Michael Rogers

It doesn't make that much since. Usually, older movies associated in
some way with a hot current one are put on DVD when the current one is
in theaters.

I guess if they thought they could ballyhoo Ec Wood better along with
King Fish and have TV advertising for both it could be a good reason.
but why not just put the damn thing out on time and then tie in with
King Fish.

Mike

> I'd say thats a good theory, due to the amount of studio DVD tie-in's these
> days. I wouldnt be surprised to see it coincide with The Big Fish release. I
> certainly wouldnt buy it off ebay for $75. If anyone really can't wait, just
> order the R2 for under $10.
>
> Mike.

Nikko

"Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Here's a theory as to why _Ed Wood_ got recalled:
>
> "And now the bad (and we do mean really bad): just a mere two weeks away
> from its DVD debut, and Buena Vista has pulled the plug on the February
> 3rd release of Ed Wood: Special Edition. We have confirmed that this
> long-awaited disc has been manufactured and had already shipped to
> certain video retailers when the recall notice was sent on Friday. Buena
> Vista hasn't issued any explanation for this costly move, but my first
> thought was that this may have something to do with Tim Burton's current
> film Big Fish. Maybe Disney wants to wait to tie into that DVD release
> later in the year? Who knows... either way, Ed Wood's back on the "to be
> announced" schedule yet again."

Not sure that makes sense. Big Fish is a Columbia-Tristar film, not a
Disney release. Not sure how they would go about piggy-backing on the Big
Fish marketing campaign.

Mike7883uk

>Not sure that makes sense. Big Fish is a Columbia-Tristar film, not a
>Disney release. Not sure how they would go about piggy-backing on the Big
>Fish marketing campaign.

It means that they can coincide the publicity off Big Fish, eg.. Tim Burton
director of Oscar Winning/Nominated..., thus hoping people who wont know Ed
Wood might be inclined to buy it off of the Big Fish coat tales. Doesnt have to
be of the same company. Just a simple studio way of trying to bump up sales.
Aimed not at the die hards who have been waiting, but Joe Public who don't know
jack about Burton films.

Mike