Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Pal to NTSC VCD to DVD conversion

Pal to NTSC VCD to DVD conversion

Docwatmo

I have a friend from India who has a bunch of Indian movies on VCD. (Indian
movies are all at least 3 hours long so the movies are on 3 or 4 VCD's
apiece. I wish to put them on Single DVD's for him. Also they are all in
PAL format.

I simply rename the *.DAT files to *.MPG and I can view and manipulate them
just fine. However, since they are PAL and not NTSC I am having some
trouble. I tried using several programs I have (Pinnacle 8.0, Sonic My DVD
3.0, Roxio's latest premium version) and only Sonic would accept the VCD
movies in the PAL format but while its re-encoding to the DVD in NTSC
format, the audio starts out matching the video but gets off about 1 second
for every 10 minutes of the movie. Until at about the 90 minute mark where
the video just stops altogether and the audio continues.

What I'm wondering is, is there a better way to do this? Is there a simple
program for converting PAL MPG files to NTSC MPG files?

If anyone has a process already going I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for any help.

Doc

Matt Ferrari

"Docwatmo" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:%kVRb.533$(E-Mail Removed)...
(snip)
> What I'm wondering is, is there a better way to do this? Is there a

simple
> program for converting PAL MPG files to NTSC MPG files?
>
> If anyone has a process already going I'd love to hear about it.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Doc

You may want to give the tmpgenc program a whirl, I have used it to convert
hour long 500 meg pal files to NTSC format and its done the job
its available at http://www.tmpgenc.net/

a users guide can be found at

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

more than likely there is a help guide at the site to address any
problems that arise.

good luck with it.

Matt

PAL to NTSC conversion of HATCHET & TIGER BAY drsd2kill DVD Video 1 11-19-2004 01:57 PM
Premiere 6.5: PAL to NTSC conversion with Adobe Mpeg encoder 1.2 Jane DVD Video 4 01-10-2004 10:40 AM
How to check whether VCD is Pal or NTSC?? Bummer Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 03:49 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
Help with PAL -> NTSC DVD conversion Anonymous Joe DVD Video 0 11-02-2003 08:31 PM

Advertisments