Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > *HELP* Search bar missing engines

*HELP* Search bar missing engines

Matt.Albiniak@gmail.com

My search bar search engines went AWOL, and I can't seem to restore
them (see: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2...itled42db.gif).

Even if I try to add engines
(https://addons.mozilla.org/search-engines.php), they won't update into
the search bar.

So far I've tried:
- closing/reopening FF
- rebooting Windows
- uninstalling/reinstalling FF 1.5
- Googling for help
- posting here

Thanks in advance!

RedAphex

On 28 Dec 2005 09:31:22 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>My search bar search engines went AWOL, and I can't seem to restore
>them (see: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2...itled42db.gif).
>
>Even if I try to add engines
>(https://addons.mozilla.org/search-engines.php), they won't update into
>the search bar.
>
>So far I've tried:
>- closing/reopening FF
>- rebooting Windows
>- uninstalling/reinstalling FF 1.5
>- Googling for help
>- posting here
>
>Thanks in advance!

I too have been having this problem for some time. I did pretty much
everything you tried but eventually just gave up on it. If I remember
back to when this happened; I also lost my bookmarks and ever since
the browser window will only open in the top left corner of the
desktop. I thought maybe I had a virus or some ad junk for awhile but
Adaware, Spybot & Kaspersky haven't picked up anything that I recall.

R.E.Pasco

As I recall, this happened to me several months ago. In Win XP I went to
"start" "run," typed in "firefox.exe -ProfileManager" (no quotes, leave
space between firefox.exe and -ProfileManager") I created and selected a new
profile in the box and the search engines reappeared.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...