Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Trilogy CE

Star Wars Trilogy CE

Mike F

Not sure if anyone else has made mention of this, haven't seen it anywhere
in this group anyway. According to DVD Soon, the Star Wars Trilogy:
Collector's Giftset is now available for pre-order, with a listed release
date of 19th September 2004.

It currently has a pre-order price of $90.98 CAD. Seems a little pricey when
compared to the Indy Boxset, but I suppose time will tell.

Mike

gardibolt

"Mike F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<JHERb.31313$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Not sure if anyone else has made mention of this, haven't seen it anywhere
> in this group anyway. According to DVD Soon, the Star Wars Trilogy:
> Collector's Giftset is now available for pre-order, with a listed release
> date of 19th September 2004.
>
> It currently has a pre-order price of $90.98 CAD. Seems a little pricey when
> compared to the Indy Boxset, but I suppose time will tell.
>
> Mike

Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
internet store in 9 months.

Mark

Ray

> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
> internet store in 9 months.

All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you haven't
received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

"gardibolt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Mike F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<JHERb.31313$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Not sure if anyone else has made mention of this, haven't seen it

anywhere
> > in this group anyway. According to DVD Soon, the Star Wars Trilogy:
> > Collector's Giftset is now available for pre-order, with a listed

release
> > date of 19th September 2004.
> >
> > It currently has a pre-order price of $90.98 CAD. Seems a little pricey

when
> > compared to the Indy Boxset, but I suppose time will tell.
> >
> > Mike

> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
> internet store in 9 months.
>
> Mark

Codswallop

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:53:42 GMT, gardibolt wrote in alt.video.dvd:

> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months.

9 months is probably a little long, but sometimes -- due to exchange
rates and stuff -- it can be a good idea to have the money taken out
when you order.

Plus you're less likely to overspend because you forgot about online
orders that are yet to be charged.

(I prefer the charge-when-shipped method, personally; though both have
positives)

--
- Cods
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (un ROT-13 to email)

Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

3W

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:m6lSb.2304$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
> you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you

haven't
> received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

Unfortunately, you have to dispute it within 30 days, not 9 months.

Ray

> Unfortunately, you have to dispute it within 30 days, not 9 months.

The assumption was that you do this when you receive your first billing
statement with the order on it.

"3W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:crmSb.22308$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:m6lSb.2304$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> > All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
> > you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you

> haven't
> > received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

> Unfortunately, you have to dispute it within 30 days, not 9 months.

Justin

Ray wrote on [Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:31:14 GMT]:
>> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
>> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
>> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
>> internet store in 9 months.

> All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
> you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you haven't
> received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

And this makes the practice acceptable how?

Ray

> And this makes the practice acceptable how?

It doesn't justify the vendor's practice of charging you before they ship
the merchandise, but if someone feels they must buy from this particular
vendor at least they won't have to pay the money before they get the goods.

news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...

Ray wrote on [Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:48:19 GMT]:
>> And this makes the practice acceptable how?

> It doesn't justify the vendor's practice of charging you before they ship
> the merchandise, but if someone feels they must buy from this particular
> vendor at least they won't have to pay the money before they get the goods.

So, why did you feel the need to butcher top post here?

The message had been neatly trimmed and everything....

> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> >
>> > All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
>> > you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you

> haven't
>> > received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

>> And this makes the practice acceptable how?

Eric R.

(E-Mail Removed) (gardibolt) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
> internet store in 9 months.

I seem to remember another website that did this a few years ago. They
listed Star Wars and several other "upcoming" SE's for preorder.
Everyone got excited about it (Star Wars rumors have been the bane of
alt.video.dvd since 1997). And, of course, nothing came of it but a
bunch of credit card charges and a now-defunct vendor.

-Eric