Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Q: "Star Trek VI" DVD insert... or not

Q: "Star Trek VI" DVD insert... or not

HiTechMan

Brian "Demolition Man" Little wrote:
> From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Con
> <(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one
> is Pink?"
>
>>I know the odd insert booklet or chapter list does goes missing from
>>the odd DVD (by accident), but this seems like something they
>>(Paramount) just might plan (and I have heard that other recent
>>releases HAVE come out 'sans' booklet). Thus I was just wondering if
>>anybody else out there has experienced this phenomenon with "Star Trek
>>VI", or was I the only one that got (as we say up here) "hosed"?

> I just picked mine up from Suncoast for $14.99 and it came with
> no booklet in it. Are companies like Paramount getting so cheap that
> they feel that its worth not including a freaking one page sheet with it
> listing the chapters and what discs have what extras? I guess so.

I bought Star Trek VI a week ago and it didnt have the cheap insert.
But...I bought Star Trek V at the same time and it had two inserts! One
was a duplicate of course. Go figure.

Dick Sidbury

HiTechMan wrote:
> I bought Star Trek VI a week ago and it didnt have the cheap insert.
> But...I bought Star Trek V at the same time and it had two inserts! One
> was a duplicate of course. Go figure.

I'd rather have ST VI with no inserts than ST V with 2 (or even 10)
inserts.

dick
-- which is why I bought VI last week and haven't bought V yet.