Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Dutch are killing UseNet

The Dutch are killing UseNet

Phatty Boombatty

Bastards.

Jay Stewart

"Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bastards.

They are a particularly cunning people, with their green beer bottles and
plywood shoes...

planer

They are just P^SS*d off becasue they can't ride their bike the usenet
highway !

"Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bastards.

roy

"Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bastards.

Did I miss something?

Roy

Arch Stanton

I live in Holland and am not Dutch, but can attest that everything they
touch dies....*sigh*

In article <SmwRb.301306$X%5.94349@pd7tw2no>,
"Jay Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Bastards.

> They are a particularly cunning people, with their green beer bottles and
> plywood shoes...

planer

They can't drink Jenever through the usenet pipe either

"Arch Stanton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I live in Holland and am not Dutch, but can attest that everything they
> touch dies....*sigh*
>

> In article <SmwRb.301306$X%5.94349@pd7tw2no>,
> "Jay Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > "Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Bastards.

> > They are a particularly cunning people, with their green beer bottles

and
> > plywood shoes...

Dunf

"roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Bastards.

> Did I miss something?
>
> Roy

All joking aside, I'm just curious as to how the Dutch are killing usenet?
Please explain.

Phatty Boombatty

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:12:31 GMT, "Dunf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Phatty Boombatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Bastards.

>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> Roy
>>

>All joking aside, I'm just curious as to how the Dutch are killing usenet?
>Please explain.

Apparently, recently UseNet was mass introduced to the Netherlands or
something, because suddenly all the binaries groups are being flooded
with headers like this recent gem from
alt.binaries.multimedia.utilities:

" FTD 142074 [04/29] - "opwegnaarstokbrood 2003-1.part01.rar" yEnc
(01/40)"

These posts usually have no NFO file, are written in Dutch, and refer
to some cryptic-ass file request system where you have to visit a web
site to see what is being requested and posted.

If you're not into binaries, no sweat of your brow, but these floods
have killed a couple of good newsgroups already, and show no sign of
slowing down.

Mischa van Dinter

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:08:17 +0100, "planer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They can't drink Jenever through the usenet pipe either

Maybe, but we do know how to quote a usenet post.

Mischa

Mischa van Dinter

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:34:27 -0800, Phatty Boombatty
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>" FTD 142074 [04/29] - "opwegnaarstokbrood 2003-1.part01.rar" yEnc
>(01/40)"
>
>These posts usually have no NFO file, are written in Dutch, and refer
>to some cryptic-ass file request system where you have to visit a web
>site to see what is being requested and posted.
>
>If you're not into binaries, no sweat of your brow, but these floods
>have killed a couple of good newsgroups already, and show no sign of
>slowing down.

Opwegnaarstokbrood means "Ontheroadtofrenchbread". Maybe it is the
French impersonating the Dutch to make us look bad? The little *****
hate us for our canabis-laws...

Mischa