Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Superbit

Superbit

DVDfanatico

Do Superbit DVD's look or sound any better such as Wolfgang Peterson's Das
Boot? Opinions please.

-DVDfanatico

Richard C.

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Do Superbit DVD's look or sound any better such as Wolfgang Peterson's Das
: Boot? Opinions please.
:
=============================
Not always.
Their "Riverdance" was non-anamorphic and looks like crap!

I returned it.
==============================

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (DVDfanatico) wrote:

>Do Superbit DVD's look or sound any better such as Wolfgang Peterson's Das
>Boot? Opinions please.

Generally speaking, yes, they look better. I'm not convinced that they
look better enough to trade off the extras that are on the
non-Superbit releases, though. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is definitely an
exception, though, as the Superbit release has an entirely new, and
superior, transfer.

I haven't seen the Superbit of DAS BOOT, so I can't comment on that
specifically.

-- jayembee

joel

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Do Superbit DVD's look or sound any better such as Wolfgang Peterson's Das
| Boot? Opinions please.
|
| -DVDfanatico

http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/superbit/superbit.htm

Douglas Bailey

jayembee wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (DVDfanatico) wrote:

>> Do Superbit DVD's look or sound any better such as Wolfgang Peterson's
>> Das Boot? Opinions please.

> I haven't seen the Superbit of DAS BOOT, so I can't comment on that
> specifically.

As an owner of both the original flipper of _Das Boot_ and the Superbit,
I'd say that the latter does indeed look somewhat better. But then, the
original was a *very* early release, and I think any new release -- even
using the same transfer, as the SB disc does -- was almost bound to be an
improvement. Compression techniques have improved since the early days.

I own three Superbit discs: _Lawrence of Arabia_ (because the SB is the
only way to get the corrected transfer), _Das Boot_ (because it's a
non-flipper re-issue) and _Panic Room_ (because it was, to date, the only
edition of the film released in R1). They all look nice, but based on these
three I'm not planning on rushing out to replace my copies of _The Mask of
Zorro_ or _Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon_ with Superbit editions.

HTH,

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
Don't call her at home, she's ****ing with a slip of a man...

Lawrence of Arabia superbit release Raul Bloodworth DVD Video 15 09-12-2003 12:58 AM
New Lawrence SuperBit PNeski DVD Video 0 09-05-2003 10:59 PM
New Releases: More Superbit, Beatles from 1964: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 08-28-2003 04:01 AM
Reviews: Gangs Of New York (R2 - DTS) & Legends Of The Fall (R2 - Superbit). Chris Marin DVD Video 0 07-06-2003 12:12 PM
Re: New Releases: Larry Cohen Update, Dr. Who, Superbit: Updatedcomplete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Matthew L. Martin DVD Video 0 07-03-2003 01:30 PM

Advertisments