Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Oscar with Stephen Boyd and Elke Sommer? Anytime...?

The Oscar with Stephen Boyd and Elke Sommer? Anytime...?

Edward Holub

Hey folks
This drama has more laughs in it than a Paulie Shore comedy.
Let's have it!!!
Eddie

Stan Brown

It seems "Edward Holub" wrote in alt.video.dvd:

> This drama has more laughs in it than a Paulie Shore comedy.

So does watching paint dry.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

JMKAUFFMAN

It also has one of the most sadly underrated scores from the 60s, by Percy
Faith. Hopefully the soundtrack will be rereleased by Oldies this year as they
complete their reissue cycle of Percy's great Columbia albums. How "Maybe
September" failed to get a *real* Oscar nomination is one of the mysteries of
the 1966 music voting.

MicheleH

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)tose (JMKAUFFMAN) wrote:

> It also has one of the most sadly underrated scores from the 60s, by
> Percy Faith. Hopefully the soundtrack will be rereleased by Oldies
> this year as they complete their reissue cycle of Percy's great
> Columbia albums. How "Maybe September" failed to get a *real* Oscar
> nomination is one of the mysteries of the 1966 music voting.

It also has the film debut/farewell of Tony Bennett, who uttered the
classic line "When you sleep with trash, you wake up smelling like
garbage!"

I'm still kicking myself years later for not having taped it the one time
it was on TNT as part of the "Bad Movies We Love" promotional tie-in to the
book of the same name.

Michele, who also should have taped "Claudelle Inglish" for the same
reasons

--
"I realized long ago that skirts are hopeless. Anytime I hear a man
say he prefers a woman in a skirt, I say: `Try one. Try a skirt.' "