Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > nero 6 suite 1 question

nero 6 suite 1 question

PMD

Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it yet. I've
pasted the description below. All I want to do is back up my DVD
collection and make copies of some that are scratched. I am not sure,
given the description below, that I can do that. Is Nero Express
(which is included) the program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD
shrink and it works great. hanks,

The description for NERO is as follows:

Nero 6 Suite 1

Nero 6 suite 1 includes

Nero StartSmart:

StartSmart is the project launcher that makes it easy to navigate this
powerful software. All the tools you need are organized together and
available with the click of a mouse. StartSmart has every coll effect
and editing tool you will ever need to take your projects to the next
level.

Nero Express 6:

The fastest way to perfect results. Whether you are a beginner or an
expert, Nero Express guides you quickly and easily through your
projects.

InCD 4:

This intelligent package writing solution has been improved through
the use of SmartDetect technology, which will instantly recognize new
recorders.

Nero Vision Express 2*:

With the new advanced video authoring of Nero Vision Express 2, you
can capture video, or use existing video files, then edit, add effects
and transitions, create your menus and titles, layer the whole thing
over your favorite music, then burn to DVD and VCD and SVCD. You can
also use Nero Vision Express 2 to create great looking slide shows in
a snap.

Nero ShowTime*:

An integrated DVD player is added for playing back your video files.
Nero ShowTime's image quality and clear sound will definitely impress
many.

Nero Media Player

Toolkit

Cover Designer.

*does not support SVCD and DVD-video -

**DVD burner & plug-in required

Lithurge

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (PMD) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it
> yet. I've pasted the description below. All I want to do is
> back up my DVD collection and make copies of some that are
> scratched. I am not sure, given the description below, that
> I can do that. Is Nero Express (which is included) the
> program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD shrink and it
> works great. hanks,
>
> The description for NERO is as follows:
>

> Nero Vision Express 2*:
>

> *does not support SVCD and DVD-video -
>
> **DVD burner & plug-in required

Having the freebie OEM version and from the description I
think you need to purchase the MPEG 2 plugin to go with
Vision Express to be able to backup dvd's etc...

However a program a lot of people have mentioned as being
useful for this purpose is DVD Shrink. Try a search on Google
- it's free.

Skid

"Lithurge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> (E-Mail Removed) (PMD) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Having the freebie OEM version and from the description I
> think you need to purchase the MPEG 2 plugin to go with
> Vision Express to be able to backup dvd's etc...
>
> However a program a lot of people have mentioned as being
> useful for this purpose is DVD Shrink. Try a search on Google
> - it's free.

The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero Recode, also in
the suite, will do the same compression and re-authoring chores as DVD
Shrink (it uses the same engine.)

Lithurge

"Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero
> Recode, also in the suite, will do the same compression and
> re-authoring chores as DVD Shrink (it uses the same
> engine.)

Which means no more freebie DVDShrink.

DarkMatter

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:34:39 GMT, "Skid" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Gave us:

Wrong ****ing group, dipshits!

Bill

> > The Nero 6 suite he ordered does include the plug-in. Nero
> > Recode, also in the suite, will do the same compression and
> > re-authoring chores as DVD Shrink (it uses the same
> > engine.)
> >

> Which means no more freebie DVDShrink.

DVD Shrink is supposed to remain available, though the author is promising
only bug fixes in the future, no new features.

Dunf

"PMD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All: I purchased NERO 6 Suite 1, I haven't received it yet. I've
> pasted the description below. All I want to do is back up my DVD
> collection and make copies of some that are scratched. I am not sure,
> given the description below, that I can do that. Is Nero Express
> (which is included) the program I need to copy my DVD's? I have DVD
> shrink and it works great. hanks,
>
> The description for NERO is as follows:
>

> Nero 6 Suite 1
>
> Nero 6 suite 1 includes
>
> Nero StartSmart:
>
> StartSmart is the project launcher that makes it easy to navigate this
> powerful software. All the tools you need are organized together and
> available with the click of a mouse. StartSmart has every coll effect
> and editing tool you will ever need to take your projects to the next
> level.
>
> Nero Express 6:
>
> The fastest way to perfect results. Whether you are a beginner or an
> expert, Nero Express guides you quickly and easily through your
> projects.
>
> InCD 4:
>
> This intelligent package writing solution has been improved through
> the use of SmartDetect technology, which will instantly recognize new
> recorders.
>
> Nero Vision Express 2*:
>
> With the new advanced video authoring of Nero Vision Express 2, you
> can capture video, or use existing video files, then edit, add effects
> and transitions, create your menus and titles, layer the whole thing
> over your favorite music, then burn to DVD and VCD and SVCD. You can
> also use Nero Vision Express 2 to create great looking slide shows in
> a snap.
>
> Nero ShowTime*:
>
> An integrated DVD player is added for playing back your video files.
> Nero ShowTime's image quality and clear sound will definitely impress
> many.
>
> Nero Media Player
>
> Toolkit
>
> Cover Designer.
>
> *does not support SVCD and DVD-video -
>
> **DVD burner & plug-in required

You can copy a cd by using express or the regular method.