Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Troubleshooting Question - Emerson CD/DVD/MP3 Sys.

Troubleshooting Question - Emerson CD/DVD/MP3 Sys.

Charles E. Varner

I have a one year-old Emerson surround-sound entertainment system, with a
5-disc tray that works with CD's, DVD's and discs containing MP3 sound
files.

Everything has been fine until a few days ago.

Now, after any given disc plays for a few minutes, it stops playing the the
carousel begins an endless rotation routine. The only way I can stop it is
to push the machine's Power button.

Does anyone know of a cure for this?

Thanks,

Charles V. -- Hilton Head Is., SC

Dunf

"Charles E. Varner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:buu88d$e3jg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a one year-old Emerson surround-sound entertainment system, with a
> 5-disc tray that works with CD's, DVD's and discs containing MP3 sound
> files.
>
> Everything has been fine until a few days ago.
>
> Now, after any given disc plays for a few minutes, it stops playing the

the
> carousel begins an endless rotation routine. The only way I can stop it

is
> to push the machine's Power button.
>
> Does anyone know of a cure for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles V. -- Hilton Head Is., SC

Yeah the cure is to throw out the garbage you own and spend a few bucks to
get decent equipment. Emerson is perhaps one of the lowest end consumer
electronics companies on the planet. They have never manuf'd quality; it's
all about low price. Trust me, cut your loses and go get, for example, a
Yamaha surround system for about $250 US that will blow about your POS
Emerson.