Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MALENA, the Korean DVD of How is it?

MALENA, the Korean DVD of How is it?

Pat

Anyone try the uncut Korean version of Malena, which has English subtitles
and is NTSC in ALL Region Code?

If yes, how is the Picture Quality, and is are of the added frames fogged or
edited, as is the custom of some Asian countries?

http://hanbooks.com/maspexedd2.html

Lester Bangs

Read this ..

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=3718

--
Regards

Lester Bangs
No [SPACE] to reply
Bored ... Check out what drains my wallet.. consistently
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?al...=C&type=O&ls=D

"Festivous for the Rest of Us" - Costanza Senior

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LkkQb.335$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone try the uncut Korean version of Malena, which has English subtitles
> and is NTSC in ALL Region Code?
>
> If yes, how is the Picture Quality, and is are of the added frames fogged

or
> edited, as is the custom of some Asian countries?
>
> http://hanbooks.com/maspexedd2.html

Pat

"Lester Bangs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:401241c9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Read this ..
>
> http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=3718

Amazing, how they went through the effort to firewall two completely
different edits, based purely on subtitle. Thanks for the wonderful review.

"There appear to be no cuts although Korean censorship means that certain
images have been masked with a huge black circle. This only applies to the
picture when the Korean subtitles or no subtitles are selected. If you
select English subtitles, you can view the film uncut and uncensored - a
curious anomaly. The DVD is beautifully packaged in a fold-out digipack with
a slipcase. A thin booklet contains biographies and filmographies, but is in
Korean only."

BeStiff

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:00:11 GMT, "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone try the uncut Korean version of Malena, which has English subtitles
>and is NTSC in ALL Region Code?
>
>If yes, how is the Picture Quality, and is are of the added frames fogged or
>edited, as is the custom of some Asian countries?
>
>http://hanbooks.com/maspexedd2.html

Has anybody in the group ordered items from Hanbooks before? If so,
were you happy with their service? Also, what other dealers would
anyone recommend to try and pick up a copy of this title?

I an also looking to pick up a copy of "Battle Royale" that will play
in R1.