Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: "Ed Wood" delayed again----Another Buena Vista Screw up!!!!

Re: "Ed Wood" delayed again----Another Buena Vista Screw up!!!!

Film Buff

Has anyone noticed how many of the recently announced Buena Vista titles have been delayed???
Sure, there are no blockbusters in these titles but some collectors woulfd like to have them

"Fire Birds"
"Shoot to Kill"
"The Air Up There"
"The Shadow Conspiracy"
"In the Army Now"
"Hello Again"

and Now "Ed Wood"

Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!

Better yet - get rid of Mickey "the Rat" Eisner and get your company back in business

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Film Buff
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
> DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!

As retailers need time to order and budget for new releases, unless
you're planning on BV storing discs for a couple months that's not too
realistic. Problems do come up.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Murder

Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:230120042048202258%

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Film Buff
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
>> DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!
>>

> As retailers need time to order and budget for new releases, unless
> you're planning on BV storing discs for a couple months that's not too
> realistic. Problems do come up.

Very few DVDs are delayed, particularly "indefinitely". It's happened to
this title, what, three times already?

HermanTurnip

This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see the
light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I have
to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...

VHS is a four letter word.

-HermanTurnip
http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

"Murder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9479C0D3F342Bsteveringispwestcom@129.250.1 70.84...
> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:230120042048202258%
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Film Buff
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Come On, Buena Vista or Touchstone or Disney -
> >> DON'T ANNOUNCE A TITLE UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE IT!!!
> >>

> > As retailers need time to order and budget for new releases, unless
> > you're planning on BV storing discs for a couple months that's not too
> > realistic. Problems do come up.
> >

> Very few DVDs are delayed, particularly "indefinitely". It's happened to
> this title, what, three times already?
>

> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

Murder

"HermanTurnip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:FUmQb.12321$(E-Mail Removed):

> This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see
> the
> light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I
> have to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...
>
> VHS is a four letter word.
>
> -HermanTurnip
> http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand new. I
guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think that was the
reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you say, this is just
stupid...

The Unnaturalist

"Murder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9479E2069C12Csteveringispwestcom@129.250.1 70.96...
> "HermanTurnip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:FUmQb.12321$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > This is insane. I've been waiting eons for this DVD to finally see
> > the
> > light of day. I have a paper due on this film in a few weeks...will I
> > have to resort to watching a VHS version?! The horror...
> >
> > VHS is a four letter word.
> >
> > -HermanTurnip
> > http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

> Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand new. I
> guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think that was the
> reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you say, this is just
> stupid...
>

> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

Get the R2 version, it sells for about 8!

The Unnaturalist.

Murder

"The Unnaturalist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:buusl3$ip6$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Murder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> Yeah, I have the VHS. I remember finding it for five bucks brand
>> new. I guess Disney lost a lot of money on it, and I used to think
>> that was the reason why it was so long in coming to DVD. But, as you
>> say, this is just stupid...
>>

>> The Castle Monster: http://www.processionofthedamned.com/diablo.htm

> Get the R2 version, it sells for about 8!

That's cool, but I can't play it.

--
"Our galaxy is tens of trillions of miles across, and surrounding it are
countless galaxies of comparable size. All the cosmos that we have mapped

The Unnaturalist

"Murder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns947AB231410AAsteveringispwestcom@129.250.1 70.84...

> That's cool, but I can't play it.

Surely every DVD fan should have multi-region capability? Why restrict
yourself to one region and a limited amount of DVDs?

The Unnaturalist.

Murder

"The Unnaturalist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bv0pvo$685
$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Murder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns947AB231410AAsteveringispwestcom@129.250.1 70.84...
>
>> That's cool, but I can't play it.

> Surely every DVD fan should have multi-region capability? Why restrict
> yourself to one region and a limited amount of DVDs?

Budget considerations, I guess. Didn't see any multi-region players at any
of the stores I went to, but I wasn't really looking. All I care about is
my player lasting more than a year and a half this time. I hope sony will
cut it, because Panasonic and Toshiba really let me down.

--
"The power of hypnotic suggestion is highly underestimated. It may sound
silly, but if you keep repeating a message to someone, in time they'll

Evil

**** it. I'm buying this one
(http://hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.528133/qx/details.htm).