Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best Terminator DVD set?

Best Terminator DVD set?

Gregorso

I'd like to get the first two Terminator films on DVD, but I believe
that there are different boxed sets available ("Ultimate" or
"Extreme", etc).
Which set is better, and how do they differ?

Greg
Florida, USA

Joshua Zyber

"Gregorso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'd like to get the first two Terminator films on DVD, but I believe
> that there are different boxed sets available ("Ultimate" or
> "Extreme", etc).
> Which set is better, and how do they differ?
>
> Greg
> Florida, USA

Since you live in the US, this is what to look for in Region 1:

For the first movie, there is a Special Edition available from MGM.

For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
availabe from Artisan.

Since each of the three Terminator movies is owned by a different movie
studio (T3 comes from Warner Bros.) you won't see a box set packaging
them together.

Thomas Bell

Joshua Zyber wrote:
(snip)
> For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
> supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
> has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
> availabe from Artisan.

It's also notable that the older "Ultimate Edition" has a DTS soundtrack
while the Extreme Edition does not.

T.B.

Michael Black

"Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joshua Zyber wrote:
> (snip)
> > For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
> > supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
> > has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
> > availabe from Artisan.

> It's also notable that the older "Ultimate Edition" has a DTS soundtrack
> while the Extreme Edition does not.

So to be safe, just get both!