Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Free DVDs??? Interesting...

Re: Free DVDs??? Interesting...

ccmc

Agreed that I wouldn't trust the site as it is, but if anyone is interested in tracking down more info on this, here is some info:

www.mdvds.com resolves to 66.235.197.101
OrgName: iPowerWeb, Inc.
OrgID: IPOWE
Address: 2800 28th Street Suite 205
City: Santa Monica
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90405
Country: US
NetRange: 66.235.192.0 - 66.235.207.255
CIDR: 66.235.192.0/20
NetName: IPOWERWEB-NET
NetHandle: NET-66-235-192-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: RDNS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
NameServer: RDNS2.IPOWERWEB.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-07-07
Updated: 2003-07-07
OrgTechHandle: PMA9-ARIN
OrgTechName: Marcus, Philip
OrgTechPhone: +1-310-314-1606
OrgTechEmail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Recently I signed-up for a free dvd at http://www.mdvds.com/
They says that they give out one free DVD a week. Well, at least my first one
I already have. Cool site, but why they do this?

Everything about this screams "credit card harvesting" to me. No contact
info. Too good to be true offer. Content lifted from other sites.
Misspellings and typos everywhere. You'd have to be a fool to give them your
cc info, IMO.

RichC